Part 10

"Hey." I leant besides Gale, rubbing my eyes.

I was so tired this afternoon, and I wanted nothing more than to go home and sleep. But I was stuck in the asylum, baby sitting. It was lunch time and I was in no mood to deal with pissy psychopaths.

"What's up with you today?" He smirked, tapping his fingers against the pale blue brick wall behind us.

"Mega tired. And I'm not in the mood." I grumbled, releasing a sigh as I allowed my eyes to readjust to the light.

"Not in the mood for what?" He asked, his deep voice soothing my ears.

"Annoying psychos." The room was full of them.

"Well there's one right over there staring right at you."

And so there was.

Harry Edward Styles.

Grinning like a Cheshire Cat as he sized up the room with a devilish look to his eye.

"He's not trouble." I rolled my eyes, forcing myself to look away.

"Not trouble? He threatened to kill me!" Oh yeah, I was meaning to ask one of them about that.

"Gale, all inmates threaten to kill everyone. What difference does one inmate make?" His lips parted in surprise of what I said.

"So are you defending him now?" He asked teasingly, but I could tell there was some seriousness behind his tone.

"Well...no, but I'm just saying I get threatened everyday. And I don't need the Warden sorting it out for me." I winked playfully before walking over to Harry.

"Good afternoon Miss Wilder." He licked his lips with a smile as I sat down in front of him.

It was unusual for this much interaction to go on between one of the inmates and a nurse but no one of much importance took any notice to it.

"How are you feeling on this fine day?" He rested his chin in his large hand, causing me to stare at it for a moment.

I didn't realise a human could have such beautiful hands, or that hands were even beautiful before I laid my eyes on his.

"Eh, not the best. What about you?" I traced my tongue across my teeth behind closed lips.

"Well the longer I'm in here, the longer my brain is malfunctioning and I'm turning into someone who's not me." My brow furrowed at his words in...pity?

"How about we play a game and forget about all that for a while?" I crossed my legs over from beneath the table.

"Sure." He smiled softly, his fingertips resting on my knee.

I didn't do anything though. The warmness from his hand radiated through my dress and into my skin, sending beams of heat throughout my body.

"I see someone's warming up to my company." He pushed back from his chair, walking over to the game cupboard.

I couldn't help but watch his every movement.

Was he really innocent?

Or did he murder and rape all those women?

I dreaded telling him the news I had found out. He had a session of speech therapy. Last time that happened at his old asylum, he kicked off and wouldn't stop freaking out and screaming for days.

"I bought back chess." He carefully set it down in front of me before scooting back into his previous position.

"Really? I couldn't tell." I smirked at the lack of amusement his face currently held.