Part 28

Harry:

I opened my eyes, feeling alienated. What was going on? I couldn't physically feel or do anything.

Okay Harry. Just start with yourself.

I looked down. I was standing, and I felt shorter than usual. Then I brought my arms up. I wore a white shirt, and my arms were skinny and tattoo-less. My fingers touched my hair, and it felt curlier and bouncier. And shorter.

I leant side to side, looking down at myself once again. I wore plain white socks with loose grey sweatpants and a white shirt. Okay. This wasn't too bad.

Then I checked my surroundings. I was in a room. A bedroom. The colours seemed...faded. The walls were a light purple brick, and the ground was a light grey. Tiled I think? A basic bed was to my right with a wardrobe by the door. The room was small. Okay. I was okay.

My legs began to move, and I walked towards the wooden door. I pulled it open, walking down the hall. Multiple doors just like mine surrounded me.

At the end of the hall there was an opening. I walked towards it, and found myself in a large open space.

Strange?

"Harry!" I shot around as a young woman in a nurses uniform came running over. No older than 20 with long blonde straight hair.

She came over, embracing me into a hug to which I just stood in.

"God, I was worried sick." A frown set upon my face. Why?

"I uh, I really enjoyed yesterday." Her voice whispered as she pulled back, her hand trailing down my abdomen as she rested her head against my shoulder.

I blinked a few times, the memory of her coming back.

Eva. One of the female nurses. Who...who I had sex with in my room yesterday.

I physically couldn't say anything. Words would not form.

Her hand entwined with mine and she dragged me back in the direction of my bedroom.

And then things started flashing before my eyes. I was above her, her moaning as I thrusted into her. Gale walking in on us. Him starting to punch me. Me slamming him into my wardrobe, my head caught between the door of the wardrobe as it was viciously slammed into my head again and again until I fell unconscious.

But as all this was happening, a memory was flickering of me and Gale being friends. And telling me how he had this crush on one of the female nurses, Eva. And how we fell out because both of us wanted her. But inside we both knew neither of us had a chance. And I somehow ended up fucking her. Twice.

The last thing I saw was the bright lights as I stepped out of the asylum for the first time in four years, tasting freedom. Then, the white blurred it out into a ringing in my ears.

My eyes shot open, unfocused. My hands felt beneath me. I was on the ground.

I repeatedly blinked, confused as to why my head was so comfortable. I looked up, to see Hazel looking down on me; smiling softly.

"Hey Harry." She whispered, caressing my curls.

My head was on her lap.

"How you feeling?" My lips were dry, and I couldn't speak. Although, my mouth moved.

"Here." She gently sat me up against her a little, pressing a paper cup of water to my lips.

I bought my hand up to hold the cup, taking short sips. I was slowly returning.