Part 12

Anger surged through my veins due to what had happened.

How dare Harry be forced and beaten?

It was inhumane and curdled my blood. After hearing the screams of pains of someone like that how could you continue to torture them or watch by? Cold, heartless people, that's who.

I continued to bite my nails as I sat in my office, not wanting to raise suspicion any further by visiting Harry before I was meant to.

He was currently being treated for his wounds.

"Hazel, you good?" Trish smiled sadly, noticing my behaviour.

"No. No I'm not good." I couldn't help but pout like a child, folding my arms.

"Come on Haze...you know what happens here. If they disobey then...then they pay the consequences." Her voice paused, carefully putting her wording.

"Well I don't agree with it." I spat.

"You've been here for a year and only since Harry arrived, you now disagree with it? What's going on Hazel?" My eyes met hers to see she was frowning at me, leaning back in her chair which was pulled up in front of mine.

"What do you mean, 'what's going on?'." My brow furrowed at her words.

"You tell me." She kicked her feet out. "From the looks of things, you fancy a psycho."

My mouth hung open at her words.

She was meant to be my best friend, how could she say something like that? As my best friend, she is meant to agree with what I say even if I'm wrong. So why now would she start to back up Miss Harrison, who we both have hated since day one? And besides, she was the one prompting for something between me and Harold in the first place!

"Correction; I don't fancy a psycho." I spat, way more defensive than I would of hoped. "And anyway, Miss Harrison said that she didn't ask for me earlier. When you told me she did."

Her mouth dropped slightly.

"Well-I'm pretty sure she asked for you." Her eyes rolled.

"Trish." She was lying.

"That's besides the point, the point is how long have you fancied the psychopath?" Her frown only grew deeper.

"I've not. And why are you lying to me? Is there something you're not telling me Trish?"

She angrily pushed back from her chair, holding pack profanities.

"I'm leaving. I'm sure Gale wouldn't mind you fancying Harry right? You need to stop this Hazel. You can't fancy Harry. It's wrong. I'm going to tell Gale that you asked to go out with him tonight. Sort this out." And with that she stormed out the room.

What the fuck?

"Bitch." I hissed under my breath, rising to my feet.

Why was she lying to me? What could she possibly be holding back?

I began to fumble with the hem of my dress, needing to fidget to get over my nerves. My heart ached for what had happened to Harry. And I wanted nothing more than to tell him how worthless the people were who did this to him.

After waiting another twenty minutes or so I left the office, speeding off down the hallways and to his cell.

"Hazel!" Yet again, Safiya stopped me.

I ignored her, continuing on.

"Hazel!" She screamed.

But I didn't want to hear it.