Part 46

Harry:

A few days or so had passed maybe. And I had been stuck in a small room, with shitty food whilst I awaited the court case.

It was all here so quickly.

The trial was today. Seeing as the court thought they were dealing with a 'murderer' aka me, it was all done over a set amount of days. So the second Trish was arrested, it started.

It appeared that they wanted to get the 'psychos' sorted as soon as they could.

But now, I stood waiting to be let inside the court room; my fate awaiting me in these next few hours. The only good thing was that I had a dark tuxedo on. Apparently I didn't have to wear my jumpsuit, and it was fucking relief.

Words physically could not explain how good my first shower, or my first proper nights sleep felt. It was heavenly.

Except every night I cried myself to sleep. My stomach in pain from the way I sobbed into unconsciousness.

And every morning I would awake with sore eyes.

I still didn't know how Hazel was. I wasn't told any information about her, or her state, or if she was even still alive.

I paced nervously, my lawyer Mark standing patiently with his brief case.

"You think I'm gonna get out? You think we're gonna win?" I asked anxiously, my heart pounding.

He turned to me, his hair jelled and his thin lips forming into a small smile.

"I'm pretty sure we will. From the looks of things, you should win this. And besides, you've got me." He tried to lighten the situation, but I was too damn stressed out. "Anyway, at the preliminary hearing there was a heap of evidence towards her being guilty. And if the judge didn't find you innocent, we wouldn't be having this trial anyway."

My eyes were glued to the marble floor below my feet, the large building quiet and catching every sound.

"Harry!" My head shot up as I saw Saf.

She was still in her jumpsuit, although she had been cleaned up. She ran over, jumping into my arms.

I held her tightly, closing my eyes.

"Hey," she breathed out, looking back. "How you holding up?"

I nodded, looking down at my feet.

"Yeah. I'm...as well as to be expected I suppose." My eyes re met hers with a stiffened smile.

"That's good." Her hand held onto mine.

"Have you heard about Hazel? Any news?" I asked desperately.

She paused, her blue eyes searching mine.

"Harry." Her words were stern, making sure to grab my full attention. "At the last court case, you found out what happened to Emily and you lost it mentally. That's why you lost the case. And it is not going to happen again."

Her pale hand held tighter onto mine.

"So please, don't ask about her until the end of the case. Just assume the best for now okay, and don't ask anyone. Please? Do it for Hazel. I know if she was here right now she would be saying exactly the same thing."

I blinked a few times before looking away.

"So people know what's happened? How she is?" I looked over at Mark to see he was looking back at me.

"A few may do. But you're not gonna ask them about her. Are you?" Her voice was strict, making sure to get her message across.

I broke free of her grasp. Did she already know? Was Hazel dead? Surely she wouldn't be saying these things if she hadn't died...