Part 32

Hazel:

"He's just through here," Trish lead me and Saf into one of the empty rooms of the asylum. Small, and compact.

I swallowed nervously as I stood by the door. Harry and Jane were already in the viewing area, and I know H would be watching every single move Gale made.

"Saf wait here. I'll go first." My hands shook as I opened the door, stepping in. Gale stood across the room, his eyebrows raising as I entered. There was an old box TV on a table to my right.

"Haze? Why did Trish tell me to wait here for you?" Gale's voice hinted seduction and I knew that it wasn't just me who could hear it.

"Safiya." I breathed out, staring him dead in the eye.

Confusion and shock spread across his stupid little face.

"What about crazy cat lady?" He chuckled, but stopped when he saw I wasn't smiling.

"Oh, I think you know what I mean. Saf, come in!" I didn't break my stone cold glare on him as I heard the door open behind me. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Saf appear behind me.

Some strange feeling of power flooded through my veins. Like I was the one in control. It was almost as if I could hear little voices in my head telling me what to do. They were quiet, but still there.

"I think you may want to take a seat Gale." I scowled at him. He swallowed, slowly sitting down on the plastic chair before him.

"I'm sure we wouldn't want mummy finding out about this little rape fetish of yours now would we?" I smiled evilly at him, and I could see the fear flash in his eyes.

"And I'm sure we also wouldn't want mummy to find out how you threatened your victims not to tell." Saf giggled from my words, clapping her hands excitedly.

"You don't have proof." Gale snarled, knowing we had cracked him.

"Oh? Really? But I think we do." I slid the disk into the TV, the video already set on the part where Gale came in.

His eyes widened.

"You can't fucking do that! That's illegal cameras in an asylum, you could get locked up for that!" He snapped, standing to his feet.

I could almost see Harry now in my head. One hand on the door handle whilst he watches, waiting for Gale to make one wrong move.

"Oh, but I can. If I think one of inmates is in danger I can do whatever it is I need to make sure of their security. Page 89 of the entry book darling. You should read it sometime." I smiled, taking the disk back.

He angrily stared at me, his hands in fists and jaw clenched.

"What is it you want from me?" He seethed.

"Answers." I bluntly replied.

"Such as?" He rolled his eyes.

"Middlesbrooke." The one word I needed to spark everything back.

He seemed shocked. Shocked that I knew of his dirty secret.

"How did you-"

"Just shut up and tell me. Time's ticking." I spat harshly, not in the mood for his games.