Part 7

Harry:

The cold walls of my cell soon became all too boring. I couldn't deal with the blandness, I needed some colour.

Something red perhaps.

I clutched my damp hair in between my fingers, taking long strides across the room.

I had only been here for a week.

And I was already beginning to lose my mind.

The lights from the corridor had been heavily flickering for the past half hour, pissing me the fuck off.

I gritted my teeth.

"Hey!" I yelled, storming over to the bars and clutching onto them.

"Hey!" I called out louder.

No one answered.

"Fucking dicks..." I muttered, angrily pushing myself away, knowing all to well there were guards that could hear me right around the corner.

I was desperate to do something.

My hands gripped onto the ropes as I pulled myself up.

These walls which kept me away from the world were locking me deeper away in my dark mind. I couldn't bare the thoughts that were raging against my skull. It was like a constant throbbing.

I groaned out in pain as I stretched out completely, my eyes flickering shut.

I needed out of here. I didn't belong here. I knew I didn't and it was only making it worse.

"Harry?" My eyes shot open as I saw that familiar curvy figure hanging upside down.

"Hazel." I grinned, flipping onto my stomach as I swung back and forth gently on my silk ropes.

"Jane asked me to talk to you about your group therapy tomorrow?" She leant against the back wall of the hallway, looking up at the ceiling as another low rumble came from outside and the lights flickered again.

"What time is it?" I asked, yawning.

"About nine." She replied, tapping her foot.

"Then why are you still here?" A frown settled its way onto my face.

"The gates are malfunctioning. There's a storm out so most of us are stuck here." Her small shoulders shrugged, her blue eyes making me smile.

"Shame. So you're stuck with me."

Part of me was rejoicing to have company. I liked talking to Hazel. She gave me a small piece of what it was like to be normal again. And just to have a normal convocation with someone was nice.

"Unfortunately. But I need to ask you, would you rather do baking tomorrow or art?" I smirked.

"Wow. What a big question." I huffed, grinning as I childishly kicked my legs.

"I know right." She smiled, standing straight.

Her nurses dress looked so damn good on her.

God.

"I think I'll have to choose-"

All of a sudden there was the biggest rumble yet and all the lights sparked out.

Pitch black.

The sound of clicks filled the silence.