14

Melody's POV

It was late at night and Jack and I were just laying in my bed, cuddling and my mind for some reason drifted to our conversation when he  had asked me out.

He said he had bad luck.. 

"Jack" I said quietly, my hand landing on his chest as I glanced up at him.

"Yes baby?" He questioned.

"You remember our conversation? Whenever you asked If I would be your girlfriend?" I asked hesitantly.

"Yeah.." He replied.

"Um. Well.. You don't have to answer if you don't want to .. Cus I understand if you don't want to. But like.. You said that you didn't have the best luck with relationships.. What happened?" I asked and I felt him stiffen up a little.

"You don't have to tell me" I said and just laid my head back down on his chest.

"You said the same thing you know" He said 

"Yeah. I know." I replied, my voice much softer than his and he sighs.

"What happened to you?" He asked me.

"Well.. There was this guy.. it was about two years ago. and we were really good friends.. We would hang out all the time and then we started dating.. I had stupidly fallen for him and he ended up just cheating on me with my best friend Kiyah. Who he apparently had feelings for. And they had been sneaking around almost the entire time we were together. Which was almost a year. So. Yeah. That was the worst one. There have been a few" I said closing my eyes.

I am over it.

Completely.

I think.

It obviously still hurts to think about. But I am over it.

"What else?" He asked.

"Well. All of my relationships the guy always ended up cheating on me.. After that last one though I had promised myself to not fall for anyone anymore.. But.. I guess I couldn't keep that promise to myself" I said sadly as could literally feel myself becoming more sad.

"All of them?" He asked 

"Yes. All of them. Even those stupid little middle school relationships" I said sighing and I looked up at him.

"I'm sorry baby" He said looking down at me sadly.

"Well. So far you haven't cheated on me.." I replied and he pulled me closer and shook his head.

"I won't do that to you" He said and kissed my forehead 

We stayed quiet for a few minutes and then he sighed.

"There was this girl.. She was younger, three years younger.. And I just loved everything about her. Her eyes. Her smile. Her body.. Her voice. Just about everything about her was perfect. And I really did love her.. Maybe it was because she was younger it didn't work out. I don't even know what has happened to her but.. Everyone would say I was babysitting her and stuff and it would hurt her feelings and I would protect her through everything.. And she put me through so much shit. And yet I would still answer every call, and if she asked me to do something, I would." He trailed off for a minute.