Chapter Four

Sorry this chapter is really bad.
11 votes for the next ??

Chapter Four - Truth And Lies

"What Plan Jennifer? What Plan?"

***
All my anger was unleashed in that question.

"Go!" She hissed at the person in the flames.
Then she turned to me , fear and evil lurked in her eyes.
I wanted to burst out with questions , even though she still hadn't answered the first one.

Who was she talking too?

What was she doing?

And of course...
What plan?

I though at that moment when the fire had turned back to normal , she would grab her wand , that was sat on the table by her.But she didn't.Her mouth opened to speak then the words didn't seem to come out.I thought I should ask again but then words spilled out of her mouth.

"It was not what it looked like Rose , I can explain."
"Good , I want you too."
She gestured me to sit down.Before hearing what she said to the person in the fire , I believed Jennifer to be a kind person with a benevolent smile.Her presence had somehow made Scorpius awaken , and that I was grateful for.
However , if she had been hiding a dark secret , I would be completely enraged.
"When I got here I thought I wouldn't have any friends , I was so worried and I met you and Albus.I have fallen in love with Albus.My plan was to get him for myself.I am sorry.I am really sorry.I just want to be with him.So I gave him a love potion." She explained."Please don't tell him.Please." She pleaded.I was quite shocked and it took a while to understand what she had said.Albus didn't have a crush on her it was the love potion.There was still a part of me that thought she was lying , something about her explanation was feeble.I nodded as her explanation seemed genuine.Without any warning she hugged me; it was really uncomfortable.I glanced over to the toasting fire and Jennifer had noticed.
"I was talking to my -- my grandma." She said , reading my mind.The croaky voice and the grandma linked but something seemed suspicious about the way she said it.

After a few minutes I left the common room and went up to bed , shortly followed by Jennifer.
As I slowly drifted into a deep sleep , I thought about what she had said.It made perfect sense , it filled in all the dots.I was always skeptical about Jennifer after Albus's personality had changed completely.Certain she had something to do with it , I was determined to know what she had done.Now I knew , I still had my doubts.

The next day..

Still debating if Jennifer's feeble explanation was true and if I should tell Albus , I got dressed and went down to breakfast with Aphina.

Trying to avoid eye contact with Jennifer , I sat down with Zak and Aphina.Albus was still ignoring me.
I was about to grab a piece of toast when the sudden sound of wings flapping filled my ears.The owl post was here.An owl swooped down and dropped a beige coloured envelope in front of me.Aphina and Zak both had large parcels.I gazed down the table to see if Albus and Jennifer had any post and they both did.James , who I hadn't seen for a while , despite him being in Gryffindor , was skipping towards me.
"Hello Rose." He said cheerily , Jola and Frank followed him.Though not looking as energetic.
"Er Hi." I said.Without replying he walked off.Quite baffled as to why he done that , I began opening the letter.

Dear Rose ,

Professor Mcgonagall told me what had happened.Oh Rose are you alright? I am coming to Hogwarts.It has been over a month , why haven't you sent me a letter?

Anyways...
Everything is fine here , Hugo misses you.Your Dad has gone away - Auror stuff.I will let you know how it is going.
Just please reply.
Love Mum.