Chapter Twenty Three

Chapter Twenty Three - Destruction

I heard a piercing scream and then I hit the ground.

"Blinking cursed fire!" My dad thundered.Someone lifted me off the floor.

I stirred and then my eyes opened.

My dad was carrying me, his arms wrapped around me like a cocoon.

"Rose!" My mum said happily.

"Wha- what happened?"

"The summoning charm set off cursed fire and that was a bit silly as cursed fire can destroy the Horcrux.We managed to get away from it but it was bloody untameable.Probably gonna burn down the whole forest."

"Fiendfyre.Dark stuff." My aunt said.

"So what do we do now?" Albus asked who was covered in soot.

"We are going to have to check if it is destroyed." My uncle said.

It took a long time to find the chest.It was plaited in gold and glistened under the moonlight.Encrusted with diamonds, it was such a flamboyant object.

The previous events had made me really bemused and what might happen in the future could not be foreseen.

Everything really relied on luck.Albus seemed to completely flummoxed by the whole thing too.

"Do you think we need to say something in Parsletongue?" My mum asked my uncle.

He nodded."I don't really remember anything though."

Despite him not having much memory of the language he made a hissing sound and the chest opened.

Then there were deafening screams that permeated through you and forced you to wince and struggle.

"Quick Ginny!" I heard my dad shout.

It was over so quick but it seemed so long.

"You will pay! Trying to destroy a part of the Dark Lord's soul!" A voice hissed.

There was a fluorescent and blinding yellowish white light and then it went.

Then there was a loud ear-splitting scream.I felt my hands touch the ground and the dirt on my fingertips.Every scream went through my body and made me tremble.

Then it stopped.

It was over.

The Horcrux was destroyed.