1. Friends and I

I woke up on a regular Saturday but it was a also a different type of Saturday. I would usually wake up and check if I had to do my homework, but this time I didn't. I changed into my shorts, a shirt and I went downstairs. I was the only one awake.

I took out my phone to check the time, it was 8:30 in the morning on June 21st. I thought it out for a little while, a long while actually.

It took me long enough to find out that school was over, I completely forgot that school's already over. Finally, no more stress, like none at all. Wow, how stupid can I be? I forgot that my junior year of high school was over.

No homework, no waking up early, no teachers, no annoying students getting all in my face, it was my time, FINALLY.

I hopped on my penny board and I rode down the street to my boyfriend Sam's house. I climb up the ladder on the side of his house - like I normally do - and into his room. [Sure most of you think that's weird but that's how our relationship works.]

"GET UP YOU LOSER. IT'S ACTUALLY SUMMER, well technically not summer yet, BUT SCHOOL'S FINALLY OVER!" I yelled while jumping up and down on his mattress.

He opened his eyes a little and said with all his might. "5 more min-" I cut him off and yelled loudly straight in his ear.

"NO SAM SCHOOL'S FINALLY OVER! WE HAVE TO MEET UP WITH RICHARD, IZZY, AND CHRISTIAN, LIKE NOW." I yelled and shook him.

I finally got him to get up, well I dragged him out of bed, but I guess that counts. Sam got ready, grabbed his longboard and we headed down to the beach. As we walked in the sand we called up our other friends and told them to meet us at Tangy Mangos the best frozen yogurt store on the West Coast.

Sam and I rode over but we decided to pick up Christian since he lives right next to Tangy Mangos. As we got there Izzy and Richard caught up.

Sam, Richard, Christian, Izzy, and I sat talking about how we want this summer to be. [By the way, if you can't tell already, these four complete idiots are my best friends.]

"I just want to sit on the beach with you guys, and just hangout with you guys for the entire summer. That's it. That's all I want to do, and that's all I plan to do." Izzy said while taking a sip of her smoothie.

All of us just start to laugh in agreement to Izzy's idea. These people were my best friends. My first priorities since sixth grade. Now this is our last summer before senior year, and we want to make it one of the best.

"Yeah same! Just the beach, you guys, and many adven-" I was cut off by my ringtone. When I picked it up it was my mom. I walked aside from the loud noises and my mom said into the phone:

Mom// Don't forget to finish packing our flight leaves at eight tomorrow night.

I totally forgot about the trip, but then I remembered I have all my friends that I promised I'd hang out with and now I leave them for two months. Wow, I am quite a friend.

Alyssa// Where are we going? I forgot.
Mom// You didn't forget, I never told you. It's a surprise vacation, remember?"
Alyssa// Alright, but can I bring the guys and Izzy over for a sleepover or something? Since I won't see them for like two months straight.
Mom// Yeah, defiantly.

My mom then hung up the phone. When I got back to the table Richard asked, "What's wrong?"

I answered telling them the whole thing, how I'll be gone for about two months, which is this entire summer. "So we won't see you for two months? That's so long." Christian said with his pouty face.

It just got us all upset. I told them about the sleepover and everything was fine again. They all went home and got their stuff and met up back at my house, we all waited till the last person got here, who is always and I mean ALWAYS, Christian.

When we were all here, we all went to my backyard and talked about some random stuff. We set up a tent, threw some blankets and pillows in there and we then changed into our bathing suits.

We all sat talking, looking at the clouds, and doing other really weird and random stuff. Like if people saw what we were doing, they would put us in a mental hospital or something of that sort. As we were all sitting, Sam put his arm around me.

This always confused me, sure Sam's my boyfriend, but it's always been off and on with with him. Like one week I like him so much and the other I feel like he puts everyone and everything else before me. But that's how high school relationships usually go, right?

But as right now I feel so comfortable with him. As I cuddled up with him, Christian and Izzy had to carry me and toss me into the pool that wasn't even heated up yet, and of course I pulled Izzy in with me, and it caused everyone to jump into the ice cold water.

In the middle of the freezing water, Sam pulled me in and kissed me. It sent a shock down my body, but it didn't feel right, it didn't feel how a kiss should actually feel like.

After we got out of the pool I took Sam's hand and I walked him over to a hammock near the trampoline.

I laid down and he laid down next to me with his arms around me. We swung the hammock back and fourth and we looked up at the clouds shifting from left to right.

"I'm gunna miss you this summer." I said leaning my head on his shoulder. "I know, I'll miss you too."

I hugged his arm as we cuddled together, looking at the passing clouds. Izzy, Christian, and Richard went on to the trampoline and Sam and I followed.

After about two hours of jumping around and acting like the idiotic teens we are, we all went into the tent, just chilled out till eight o'clock and we all watched the sunset.

After the sun set, we got some firewood and we lit up a little bonfire. All of us sat around the bonfire with our marshmallows and s'more supplies.

After all that, we went back into the tent, we played music and just relaxed, and with the warmth of Sam's arms around me, falling asleep wasn't so hard.