3. Lunch Maybe?

It's 6 o'clock in the morning here in Hawaii, I woke up to make myself some breakfast. I made some pancakes and a smoothie. I went to my parents room. "Hey mama, can I go to the teen lounge? Since I'm gonna be here for two months why not make friends."

My mom looked at me for a few seconds. "How about that boy who knocked on your door last night? Planning to hang out with him?" She asked me while brushing her hair.

I got some weird feeling in my stomach, "Well yeah but we didn't specifically plan... Were you looking through the peep hole?" I said shrugging my shoulders. She smiled, "Why don't you go over there and plan something with him, maybe you and him could go to the teen lounge together." She said to me.

I anxiously nodded and said "Okay."

I walk over to Miles's room and knock on the door, as me being a 18 year old it was weird knocking on a strangers door. But gladly he was the one who opened up. "Hey Alyssa, what's up?" He said letting me step into the room.

"Well I wanted to know if you wanted to go to the teen lounge with me, you know so we could just hang out." Miles stepped aside and asked his mom I guess his sister had interest in me because she took her eyes away from her face. Which I kinda laughed at.

"Alright we could go." He said stepping out of his room. We walked to the teen lounge and it was literally the best place ever. It was on the top floor, there was food, games, really cool glow in the dark couches and a lot more people then I thought there would be.

Miles went and sat on a chair that looks over the view of the ocean which looked way cooler than my room, I then went to sit over with him. "So Miles tell me about your self, like what sports do you play, and stuff like that." I said while putting my hair in a high ponytail.

"Well I'm Miles." He said giving me this smirk. I rolled my eyes and said, "Yeah you told me that already." He laughed. He looked at me and just stared.

"Oh right, well let's I play baseball and basketball, I'm 18, my birthday's in June, and yeah. That's like all the important things you need to know about me. How about you?"

"I play volleyball and softball, but I have only played for about six years. I'm 18 also and my birthdays in May."

"Haha that's cool, I know a baseball field that's close, maybe we could go over there sometime!" He said very enthusiastically. "Oh yeah, that would be so cool, but did you bring your stuff? Because I did." I said smiling.

"Yeah of course I did." He said saying it like it was obvious. As Miles and I continued the conversation, I find out we both have lots of things in common, not everything, but a lot of things.

As Miles and I walk back to our rooms, his mother asks if I want to have lunch with them, I call my mom and she said. "Yeah of course! Just be back by 9 o'clock the latest."

So in my shorts and a loose spaghetti strap blouse, we head to lunch. I took my penny board and planned to ride it on the board walk. "So Alyssa you like penny boarding?" Miles's sister asked.

"Yeah, I do." I answered back with a smile. "I'm Nicole by the way, and be right back." She ran back into the room. "Damn Alyssa, she must like you, she hasn't actually talked to one of my friends before." Miles said to me with a chuckle.

"Well, I'm special." I said with a smile. Nicole came running out with a penny board that was exactly like mine. "I guess we have some things in common." She said laughing and I laughed back.

We all walked down to the board walk, and penny boarded around.

We got to the place where we were eating lunch and it was pretty much directly on the beach. I shoved my phone into my butt pocket and sat down next to Miles and Nicole.

We ordered and we just talked for a little. "So Alyssa, where are you from?" Miles mom asked. "Well Mrs. Peyton, I'm from California, on vacation here." I said.

"Call me Janet darling, Mrs. Peyton makes me feel very old." She said smiling. "Well, you don't look old at all." I said and laughed. "So, where are all of you from?" I asked.

"New York, the flight was dick." Miles said laughing. His dad punched him in the arm. "Ow." Miles said and laughed. "Sorry, watch his language. Call me Jerry." His dad said. "Oh, it's alright, I just finished junior year, I heard way worse than that in school." I said laughing.

"Well in this family, we don't do it. Right Miles?" They looked at him and I laughed while the waiter placed my food in front of me.

"Yeah, we don't." Miles said smiling. "Yeah we don't." Nicole said mocking Miles. "Guys come on." Their dad said.

"So, Alyssa, have you ever been here before? Like Hawaii?" Janet asked. "No! It's actually my first time here and it's absolutely beautiful." I said and laughed. "Well maybe Nicole and Miles could bring you to key spots around town! This is our like tenth year here so they know town pretty well." Jerry said.

"I'd like that so much actually." I said and laughed. "Well then it's a plan!" Nicole said and smiled at me. "Miles, wouldn't you like to show her around too?" His mom asked. He looked up at me and smiled. "Yeah, I guess." He said and shot a smirk over.

"Great." His dad said and smiled. "Yeah, great." Miles said and looked down at his plate smiling again.