19. Why can't I see you?

*beep*
.
.
.
*beep*
.
.
.
*beep
.
.
.
I heard as my eyes open to a squint. I saw Miles and my mom by my side. But my vision isn't clear as it usually was. I try to sit up but Miles gives me a little push to show me that I had to stay laying down. I laid down and scratched my eyes to see if my vision got better but it didnt.

"Alyssa honey can you see clearly? If you don't the doctor has to give you and eye test and maybe even glasses."

I made a total lie and said, "Yeah mom I can see very clearly, I don't need glasses."

"Good then that means in three hours we can bring you back to the hotel."

A lady walks in, checked my blood pressure, and asked me some questions. "How's your eye sight honey?" I'm guessing that she was the doctor.

"Good, but what happened to me?" "Let's give you an eye test to make sure." She said to me. "But what happened."

The lady made me follow her to the eye test room, as I see the door I turn left and bang into the wall. "Honey I don't think your eye sight it 20/20, here sit in this chair and read the letters on the top row." She said with a little laugh.

"F...J...P...U..." I said. I completely failed this test.

"Now scoot over to this machine look into the scope and tell me the letters you see." She said.

"A...L...G...M...N..."

"Okay lets go back to your mom and lets find out the results." She said. We waited a few minutes like 8-14 minutes and she finally came in.

"Alyssa you do need glasses but we do have your prescription, so we just have to pick out the frame you want."

Ugh I don't want glasses they make me look weird with plastic on my face. I try on like 20 different pairs and only one I liked, so it was the one I got. "But doctor, what happened to me."

"You fainted caused by strees, and you had a small bump to your head, but thank goodness it was small. You're lucky.. You were laying on that bed for two days."

In shock I stare at miles and my mom, "But you can go back to the hotel now, and continue your vacation."

As I'm walking out of the hospital miles makes me get on his back he said I should take a rest from physical activity for at least one more day. I'm looking around trying to get used to my glasses, but that's not the problem, the problem was that I fainted from stress for the second time. Miles is sitting in the back of the van with me, comforting me, as we hit a lot of potholes I take my phone out and see a bunch of messages from all my friends, except for Ethan, because he didnt know about it... I think.

As we get back to the hotel Miles once again puts me on his back and carries me up till we get to my room, I want to go out on the balcony, if I can't do anything majorly physical I want to be outside. Miles takes a queen bed thats not in use... From my mothers room and it fit perfectly touching all edges of the balcony. Everyone was at the beach while Miles stayed with me for the whole day.

We sat on the queen bed watching movies on my laptop, it was really fun tough, at least we werent inside the room the whole day and we got fresh air.

For the whole day Miles and I have been watching movies with popcorn and drinks and every once in a while my mom would come in to check that I haven't passes out again.

"Thanks Miles." I said.

"For what? I didn't do anything."

"Well you could've went to the beach and left me here."

"Well yeah because I didn't want to leave you alone, plus I love you."

I smile and he kissed my forehead.

"This may be a little late. Would you go out with me?" He said and laughed.

I nodded and said, "Yes, I would love to." He pulls me into a cuddle. "Alyssa whats one of your biggest wishes?" He asked me.

"You're going to make fun of me."

"No I won't." "It's to see lantern lights float across the sky. I know it's kind of lame, but it's true." Everyone else walked in, Christian, Billy, Izzy, Richard and Olivia came back from the beach, they all took showers and Miles hasn't said anything to me about my wish.

As everyone came out to sit with us on the balcony he tells me... "Stay here, I'll be back in two days. I promise you." He grabs Richard, Billy, and Christian and leaves. We all looked at each other so oddly and just shrugged.