*Chapter 2*

~Diana~
I'd never seen daddy act that way with Zora, with me yes but her no. She's normally the one that calms him down from hitting me or Natalie. To see him try to that, he was literally trying to kill her, just let me know that he wasn't dealing with a full stack and it was definitely time to get the hell out of this house for good.

"Come on just pack what you can we have to go before he wakes up" she said throwing stuff into her duffle bag before going to our restroom and grabbing stuff as well. I was prepared for this day, had been ever since the day my mom left. So I pulled my already packed duffel bag out of the closet and added the other stuff that I needed threw it into my bag before going to help Natalie. "We're really leaving DJ? Yeah we are so come on get everything you want and need so we can go." She grabbed all of her stuff and we met Zora in the hall way. "How are we going to leave you don't have a car? We're going to take moms" she said showing me the keys. "Zora her car hasn't been driven in over two years how do you know it even works? Because he'd started every week to make sure the engine didn't corrode. We don't have time to debate we need to go before he wakes up and we're all in hell!"

When my mother left, she left everything that came with this life, her husband, her children, and her car. We piled everything in the car and proceed to start it up. It'd been over 2 years since it'd been driven but it still sounded good and started. "Perfect there is gas Zo said looking at the gas tank. Wait I forgot something. DJ! It'll only take a minute I promise!" I said running back into the house to grab the money; I'd been hiding for the past year. I darted back in the house and into my room to get the lunch box in the back of my closet. I grabbed it that and the jewelry box that belonged to my mom and ran back out the room towards the door. I briefly looked at the kitchen floor only see my father wasn't there. Oh shit he's awake I bolted towards the door only to be pulled back by my hair as I passed through the kitchen. "Ahhh" I let out a scream before being struck again in the face.

"Where the hell you think you going?"

Quick think fast Diana, I thought to myself. He didn't know I was the one that hit him in the head with the skillet.

"School daddy, it's Wednesday." I said holding the lunch box with the jewelry box behind my back. "School! Your ass ain't going to school you going to be a little hoe with that nigga from down the street. No daddy I promise I said backing up. "You think I am stupid Diana! No! Yeah you do, I see how you dress in them little shorts and cut offs you having sex ain't you? No daddy I promise." I got close enough to the end table and felt around for the lamp. As soon as I felt it, I sat the jewelry box down and grabbed it. "Your being a hoe just like your mother was! She wasn't a hoe you were! What you got the balls to say that to me." He sent another blow to my face and that's when I snapped I swung the lamp striking him in the face and back until I saw blood come from his head. "Don't ever talk about my mother you lying cheating ass nigga!" Once I was done I dropped the lamp next to his body grabbed the jewelry box and ran out the door of the house.

"Go! Go! Now I said jumping in the car!" Zora burned rubber backing out the garage before he could get to us and we were off. "Diana what was so important you had to go back in the house? We needed money I said opening the lunch box. Where the hell you get that kind of money from Diana? Don't worry about it we got money to get us to Texas now." She studied me for a minute before turning her attention back to the road. We were the getting the hell out of this godforsaken town and away from our father for good.

Natalie you okay? Yeah I am cool! Are you okay? I am fine, just happy to be out of there. Do you think he woke up? Naw he was still out when I came out the house." Zora looked at me and then at my hands that were shaking and red. I shook my head letting her know not to say anything because I didn't want Natalie to get worried.