*Chapter 29*

~Sapphire & Natalie~

~Sapphire~

After Rocci's death things at the ranch have been quiet. Not real quiet but quiet enough for me to know that something was about to happen. I couldn't put my finger on it. But I could feel it. It felt like just before a tornado hits that calm eerie feeling. Nicoli has been spending more time here at the ranch the last few weeks and I don't like it. None of us like when he's here cause we all have to walk around on egg shells. Me more so than anyone. I don't think he trusts Diamond anymore and if there's no trust there we're all in trouble. She's the only one that looks out for us. He thinks that there is something shady going on when he's not here. He tells me these things in confidence because he can "trust" me but little does he know he's feeding right into our plan. Only a few more weeks and this ranch will be nothing but a distant memory in all of our minds. I flew out 2 weeks ago to New York to see some different condos for Natalie and me to move into. I found some decent ones but I am not sure I want to live in the heart of Manhattan to much hustle and bustle and I don't want her getting caught up in that. So I move my search north of there to the Harlem area. I think that will be a better area for both us. She can do her art and I can focus on writing.

Knock, Knock just a minute I said putting my journal away in the drawer. I went and opened the door. Hey what you doing here? Can we talk? Why you want to talk to me Mystic? I need some advice and I know you the only one I can really trust in here. Trust huh! I said looking at her as she came in the room. Yeah I trust you Sapphire cause I know you'll be real with me. So what's up then? I think I am pregnant. Pregnant as in with child. Yeah as in with child. By who! She was quiet. Mystic! Jermaine! Jermaine as in Zora's Jermaine? Yeah! When the hell did you sleep with him? It was a few months back after Dj's...Hold on a minute I am going to stop you there. You slept with that girl's boyfriend after her sister died! Listen let me explain. You got 5 minutes before I tell her and she can do to you what she did to Onyx.

It's not what you think okay. I wasn't trying to sleep with him. A few weeks after her funeral he came with some of his boys. He was looking for her, at the time she wasn't working so I told him I'd tell her he came by. Fast forward to the part where you landed on his dick please! His boys got him mad drunk that night. I mean he was slurring and stumbling Sapphire and rather than letting him go to one of the other girls I volunteered to take him to a private room. My intensions Sapphire was to let him sleep it off. Let his boys think we were doing something when we really weren't. So what happened then? We get in the room and he lays on the couch right. I am standing over by the wall giving him space, I don't want to misconstrue anything or for him to think I am coming on to him. He starts talking about how he thinks I am cute and shit. Then he tells me to come over and sit on the couch with him. I tell him no he just needed to sleep it off, I even gave him a water bottle to try and sober him up. One thing led to another Sapphire and we did it without a condom. When we were done I immediately ran out the room. I didn't want no one to see me coming out that room with him.

I just sat there looking at her. Sapphire say something. I back handed the hell out of her. Oh my god she said holding her face. That was light compared to what Zora is going to do to you if she ever finds out you fucked her man. I didn't mean...fuck that shit you did and you knew what you were doing too. It was an accident. No the hell it wasn't you weren't drunk and he was you knew what you were doing. You should have gone and found her ass and told her to come get her man. I didn't want to...don't fucking Mystic you been scamming on him since the first day she got here and he stopped paying attention to you.

Have you taken a test yet? No! Bitch if I was you I'd run to the damn nurses office cause if she finds out she is going to kill you. Sapphire. Nope I am not babying you Mystic you a grown ass woman. Was I just supposed to let one of the other girls do it? I thought I was doing something good. Do you know how dumb you sound right now! Let me break it down for you Mystic, you slept with her man. Now I don't know how they do shit in Texas but in Bakersfield where she's from, you sleep with someone's man that's your ass. So like I said get your ass to the nurse and make sure you ain't pregnant and then you keep that motherfucking secret to yourself. Got it! Yeah I do she said leaving my room.