*Chapter 11*

~Natalie~

It's been a three weeks since Sapphire got out of the hospital and she doesn't leave her room at all not even to eat. Amethyst takes her food and I occasionally see Emerald coming out of her room. Today the girls had some kind of meeting in the main house so I took the opportunity to see for myself that's she okay. In the short time that we'd spent together, I'd grown fond of Sapphire because she was like me a misunderstood soul. Everyone had this perception that she was a bitch because of her position here but they don't realize that she goes through a lot of shit. There are other girls that look way better physically, but because she has Nicoli's attention she gets the "best" jobs or so they seem.

I walked down to her room and knocked on the door gently! I didn't hear anything so I knocked one more time before opening the door. She wasn't in the bed as I thought she would be, but rather she was sitting at her make up table looking at her face. She turned and looked at me. Did I say you could enter my room? No but I wanted to make sure you were okay! Someone send you? No, I came on my own. Are you okay Sapphire, I said slowing approaching her. Make sure the door is closed she said not looking at me. I secured the door before turning to see her standing directly in front of me, like literally she was almost nose to nose with me. We stood that way for a minute and I thought she was going to kiss me, but she didn't she stepped back and went over to her bed and laid down. Come get in she said patting the spot on her bed. You want me to get in the bed with you? Or you could stand there, I am not going to bite you Natalie. I walked over and kicked off my shoes and got in.

You want to tell me why you took the pills? Who told you I took pills? The girls were talking about you overdosing on pills. They always minding my business and need to worry about their own business. Did you though? Why does it matter? Well because it's dangerous I mean you could have killed yourself. Hence why I took them she said looking at me. You want to die? Do I have a purpose to live? Yeah! And what is that she said? I mean you have stuff you want to do Sapphire, things outside of this place right. As if it will ever happen, I am stuck for life, no escape. Who says! Circumstances, what would I do outside of these walls? Live, I know there is something that you like to do other than lay out by the pool and scare these girls into submission.

She chuckled a little, I scare them into submission? Yeah there are girls that won't even walk on the same side of the hallway with you. And the others won't make eye contact with you cause they think you'll put some kind of spell on them. You aren't afraid of me? Why would I need to be? Hmph she said looking at the ceiling. I'll admit you intimidate me a little bit though. Why? Because, you have this presences about you that is a little forward and scary, not that I think you'll do something to me, it's just the unknown you know! So is it going away, because you don't look to intimidate now, I mean you lying in my bed? Well now I see past that tough persona you put up to the person inside of you. She kept looking at the ceiling.

I like to write. Write? Yeah poetry and shit, you know my thoughts. So you're creative huh! She looked at me. Why you sound so excited? Because it's something else that you and I have in common. Come on let's go somewhere. Go somewhere, I am not supposed to leave the ranch. Who said? I haven't been released yet? We won't be gone long, I promise. Where we going, she said getting up? I heard about this little spot downtown it's a poets coffee shop. No I am not sharing my stuff with anyone. Who said you were sharing we're just going to listen. She narrowed her eyes at me and then got up I don't know about you Natalie. And what's that mean? It means you aren't as good as Zora thinks you are! What my sister doesn't know won't hurt her. Mhm bad girl she said going to get ready.

After sneaking out of the ranch we got to the coffee shop in like 30 minutes. It wasn't packed but there were a few people there. You want something I said to her. Uh just water and I'll get us a table. Okay I said watching her walk towards a seclude table on the side of the cafe. Can I get a bottle of water, a cappuccino, and two muffins? That'll be 8.50! I said taking the stuff from the girl. Here you go I said sliding the water and muffin to her. You didn't have to get me a muffin. I did because you need to eat, they just been bringing you soup for the last three weeks. You monitoring my food too. Just eat the muffin and listen to the poetry. Smart ass she said opening the muffin. Takes one to know one! Jokes! Honesty now eat I said pointing to the muffin in front of her. I watched as she slowly picked off the muffin, before picking it up and taking a bite of it. Happy now she said to me. Extremely!