*Chapter 19*

~ Zora~

"Please god give me the strength I need to make it. I don't know if I can take this place or these circumstances anymore. I've disrespected my temple by allowing different men into it, I've failed my sisters by not protecting them from the things I know will harm them. And i've failed you by not relying on you to help us through a difficult situation. Please God give me direction on what I should to get us out of this horrible place."

Hold on a minute I said getting up from where I was praying. I was literally a mess and I didn't want anyone to see me this way. I stopped at the mirror and pulled my hair back into a ponytail before going to the door. Hey Em! How you doing? How should I be doing; my sister is in the hospital? Besides that, how are you? Fine I guess. I want you to know that whoever did this is going to get theirs. It was probably some drunk nigga that was here that night, I am not holding my breath on finding out who did it. Are you going to see her today? Yeah, I actually need to get myself together so I can do that I know Natalie needs a break. She's fine Sapphire...Ugh not this bitch again I said rolling my eyes. What do I need to do to keep her away from my damn sister Emerald? Zo she's not a bad person. Not a bad person Emerald you, yourself told me not to let Natalie or DJ around her and now you're changing your mind? I know what I said Zora and I was wrong okay she's not going to hurt either one of them.

Whatever I just want to pack my stuff and get the hell out of this god forsaken place. Home was hell but this is 10 times worse! And where will you go Zora? You leave here and you put Natalie in more danger, she's still underage which means that they can legally take her back to California and put you in jail for kidnapping. I didn't kidnap her. It won't matter to them all that matters is that you left with an underage minor without her parent's permission. She was absolutely right, I am not her legal guardian and I can't even petition to be her guardian without bringing attention to us and our situation.

What the hell do I do Emerald we can't stay here not after that? Listen you can stay okay, Dj won't have any more problems I promise you that. How can you promise that Emerald when we don't even know who did that to her? You trust me, right? Since we've gotten here Emerald and Diamond have had my back completely, I had no reason not to trust them. Then again, I wasn't stupid either I know females can smile in your face and stab you in the back at the same time. You trust me right Zora? Ye...yeah I trust you Emerald. You got my word DJ won't have any more trouble, yall will stay till Natalie turns 17 in a few months. A few Em her birthday isn't till September! Give it till September soon as she turns 17 I promise then yall can leave. What choice do I have, she can't go back to Bakersfield and I don't want her in the system so I guess we stuck. I promise she said sticking her pinkie out to me, I locked pinkies with her. She's not dancing anymore I refuse to put her in that situation. Don't worry I have a feeling there will be a front office position opening real soon she said looking around the room. I wasn't sure what she meant by that but I didn't really care, all I cared about is keeping Natalie safe till she turned 17. As for DJ I felt terrible for putting her in this situation in the first place.

We need to get yall a bigger room. The room is fine Em! Naw I am going to talk to Diamond and see about getting yall a room on our side. Your side I said eyeing her. Yeah on the hall with me and Sapphire. Why? Because it'll be easier to keep an eye on Natalie and DJ if I can see from my room straight down the hall. You too much Emerald! I know you love my crazy ass. I guess I gotta get ready and go see DJ! You need me to drive you? Yeah I wouldn't ask normally but I don't want to take a cab. It's cool you never have to ask you know we'll help you. Can I ask you a question? What's that? Where did you get your car I mean you didn't have it before? She chuckled a little bit, it was a Christmas gift, I'll give you some time to get ready she said before leaving the room.