*Chapter 20*

~Diana~

These are for depression, if you are feeling low and need a slight pick me up take one pill only and you'll be fine. What about these I said picking up the little brown bottle. You don't mess with those, they aren't for your condition she said snatching the bottle from me. Do you have dependency? Dependency! Yeah like are you addicted to anything? I do weed occasionally and sometimes X. X why they hell you messing with X? It takes the stress off performing. Weed is fine its herbal but X no you stay away from that shit. Shouldn't the nurse be giving me this? She can't she don't have the access to the pills that I got, she said loading the pills back in the TV set. Can I ask you question? I may or may not answer depends on how I feel? Why do you have pills in your TV? Don't worry about it, here I am only giving you 5 of these DJ do not take them all at once you hear me! Yes Sapphire I hear you. I am serious this shit ain't nothing to be play with. I got it I am not going to take the all at once. Here she said giving me the 5 pills.

Where is everyone at, the house is quiet as hell today? Diamond took them on a little field trip. Field trip what does that even mean? It means that they are all out of the house. And you didn't go? No I don't report to Diamond she is not my boss. But Nicoli is? She looked at me and cocked her head to the side. What did you just say? Nicoli, is he your boss I mean you sleeping with him. Let me tell you something Diana, you think you know me because of what these other bitches whisper in the hall ways but you don't know shit about me and neither do they. I wasn't trying to piss you off I just don't understand how you and Diamond coexist and you boning her husband. It ain't what you think, I don't like boning him, I do it because I have to. You have to, is she forcing you to do it? She's not! Is he! Look you'll learn in this life if there is shit you want you have to do stuff to get it. I may have to suck a dick to get it but at least it ain't being handed to me. I didn't mean to piss you off okay, I just wondered about that situation. Well don't that's my business.

They weren't lying when they said I should stay on her good side. She went from being motherly to almost gutting me like a damn fish for asking a question. Onyx would tell me stories about her and Diamond. She said they were lesbian lovers out to turn on Nicoli. While Rocci swore up and down that Diamond was a man in a woman's body that's why she lost the baby. That didn't make any sense but I nodded as if I agreed with her. All the while I was thinking they were two of the stupidest people I had ever met in my entire life. Sorry I'll leave. No you'll stay here I don't want you alone with them pills. We can talk about anything but Nicoli and Diamond. I looked around and noticed a picture on her mirror.

Who is this? She grabbed the picture and looked at it. That's me and my father. And the other little girl? That's my sister. You have a sister? Yeah I do. So then you know how Zora and I feel about Natalie? She gave me a questioning look before speaking again. What was it like growing up with your sisters? It was fun and a headache. A headache why? Because you always have to share your shit, I mean you can't have anything to yourself, especially in our family. We'd be lucky if we each got something brand new that wasn't passed down. Really you look like you come from a family with a good amount of money. Looks can be deceiving Sapphire, everything we got we had to work for it. Both Zo and I started working when we were 16 to get the stuff we needed and by that time our mother bounced so we had to do it to get the stuff Natalie needed as well.

I wish I'd had that growing up, it was just me alone. So you and Emerald didn't grow up together? What! I am not stupid Sapphire I know you and Emerald are sisters. Who told you? No one had to tell me, I saw when you gave her the car on Christmas, how she hugged you and you gave off the proud big sister smile. She's all I got left in this world DJ and I feel bad because half the time she's looking out for me more than she's looking out for herself. I know how you feel Sapphire I am in the same boat with Zo and Natalie, I should be able to handle myself and not require Zo to have to watch out for me as well. I know it's still fresh and I don't want to send you into a downward spiral but the night of the accident what happened DJ? I closed my eyes and went back to that night.