*Chapter 17*

~Natalie~

Look how bright the fireworks are! I know you can see them so clear from the dessert I said as we sat on the ground looking up at the fireworks over the lake. The only thing on my mind was what Sapphire was doing. She lent us a car for the night under one condition that we didn't drive back to the ranch the same night. She said it was way too dangerous for the two of us to be driving out there. I think she just didn't want me to be at the ranch while she was working. After our trip, she's been secretive about the stuff she does. Like she don't want me to judge her. But hell how can I judge her when we live in the exact same place. I try to explain to her that I am not judging her and in all honest I can't, but she still feels like I am. Instead of talking to me her way of keeping me happy is spoiling me. She's always buying me something or slipping money to me. I won't lie it feels good to have money but I am not some sugar baby I can work to get mine just like she gets hers.

What do you think is going on back at the ranch? Well it's a little after 12 so they probably drunk as fuck and got lines around the corner to the private rooms. Baby doll what exactly goes on in those rooms, I mean other than dancing. It's a strip joint Nat what do you think goes on she said chuckling a little bit. Hmm yeah you right. Why you worried about something? Naw just asking. Zora won't even let me into the room so I don't know what to think about it. Trust me it ain't all that she said laughing.

I thought back to the last New Year's Eve we spent with our mother, she always made the holidays special. Even if we didn't have much money she made it seem like we did. After she left we just prayed that we'd make it to the next year and went on like they were just ordinary days to us. Christmas and Thanksgiving were the worst daddy would spend the night before at the bar and then Zora would have go and get him. When he finally sobered up he'd say in a drunk voice "Ain't nothing merry about this holiday!" before he'd leave again to go and get more booze. Zora would try her best to make it like a normal holiday by decorating her room with a small tree and some lights, it was always the small things that meant the most to us.

We better get out of here before it becomes a zoo Babydoll said pulling me out of my thoughts yet again. Yeah, we can go and get some snacks then go back to the hotel room. I got an idea I know where we can get some alcohol. What alcohol really you don't even look old enough to buy it. Who said anything about buying it, one of the regulars owns a shop and he always hooks us up when we on the strip. Come on she said as we grabbed the blanket and our bags off the ground.

Zo had been trying to teach me how to drive but not well enough to drive us, so Babydoll drove us to this suburban looking neighborhood. Are we at his house? Yeah the store is closed right now she said cutting off the car. Stay here I'll be right back she said getting out the car. I watched as she ran up to the house and knocked on the door. She disappeared into the house for a minutes and came back with two bottles. Look what I got! You serious two bottles. Hell yeah check this out she said handing me the bottles we gone stop and get some snack and mixers and then we gone turn up for real in 2005. Okay I said laughing.

2 hours later we were back in the hotel room dancing around to music and drinking. Girl that Nelly is fine as hell. For real he good too. What you mean he good. He's been to the ranch girl and I dropped down and got my eagle on. You lying you boned him. Sure did, had me walking funny for three days. Damn I didn't know. Yeah well it's a lot you don't know she said finishing her drink. You want another. Naw I am chill 3 is enough. You right we can save the other bottle for a special occasion. They got a pool let's go swimming. Babydoll its' 3 in the morning! So I wanna swim she said stripping off her clothes. Aye you can't be getting naked. Please we got the same thing, it just comes in different shades and sizes. You be looking! We live in a house full of women you bound to see ass and titties sometime. You mean Sapphire ain't put it down on you yet? No we are just friends. Friends my ass she said smacking her butt, we all know that you in love with her and whether she admits it or not she loves you. And how do you know that? She lent you her car, she gave you this necklace, and she gave you two stacks to shop to your hearts content trust me that's love if I've ever seen it. I guess I said as we walked out the room.