*Chapter 31*

-2 months later-

~Zora~

You really opening this place back up D? I owe it to all those girls that were looking for a refuge from their life. And the city is okay with this? That Judge he held on to his word about helping these girls. Yeah I said looking around the ranch. So what are you plans? Well for one we're getting rid of the Bunny Room. We're going to turn into a school. With teachers and a staff so these girls can have that chance at getting an education to make something of themselves. That's great! That's what it really should have been in the first place, somewhere down the line I lost track of that. Don't beat yourself up Diamond you could only do what he allowed you to do. Yeah but I could have done more. Some days I think if I'd just had more back bone and stood up to him all those girls would still be here. Did he kill any of them? What do you think? That's so sad. What's worse is most of them weren't any older than Natalie. He said that they were defiant and needed to be taught a lesson. One that I guess only he could teach. Diamond I never asked you this but at some point, did you love him? How can you love a man that beats you and mistreats you? He hit you? How do you think I lost my babies? It never dawned on me that he'd had something to do with her miscarrying. He said this place was no place for children. So, he made my body inhabitable, because of him the world will never know what it would be like to have a little Charmaine running around. I am so sorry Diamond. Don't be my stupid actions cost me that joy and now I have to live with it every day.

Where is everyone else at I said trying to change the subject? You know how the girls are they'll be stumbling in here sooner or later. Where is Natalie? Talking to Sapphire. Oh she went by herself. She thinks she did but I couldn't send her by herself so Babydoll is with her. And our brown eyed beauty? She should be around here somewhere we came together. Hmm she said looking out into the dessert. Another car pulled up with the rest of the girls getting out.

Damn yall this feel weird as shit coming here Phoenix said looking up at the house. It really does Mystic said looking around. You okay Ruby? Yeah I am fine, I've probably been here the longest it's good to see the hell hole that my father trapped me in closed. Ruby why didn't you leave when you had the chance? It wasn't as easy as yall thought. He had connections everywhere. I'd tried going to school in Miami, I got accepted and everything. You know what he did? What? He flew down there with some girls and got the head of admissions to change his mind. They said that it was a mistake and that the incoming class was full. I was accepted into 5 other schools and every school came back and turned me down. I finally got hip to his game and started applying under my mother's last name that's how I got into UofN. You went to college? Yeah I did, you wonder where I was during the day. I was on campus getting my Bachelors in Social Sciences. I paid it all in cash so he couldn't track it and then I opted not to walk so he wouldn't know. The only thing I care about is that I got that paper and I won't be that girl that my father said I was going to be.

I looked back at the ranch thinking back to the day when we arrived. It was so opulent and beautiful. I wondered who the hell would build this nice house in the middle of the dessert. The devil that's who! Nicoli was every bit of the deceitful man we knew he was and most of the girls that came into this house fell for his game.

It's hot as hell can we go in now! Yeah let's go in Diamond said as we walked into the house. The first thing I saw was the memorial to Diana she'd been gone almost 2 years and every day was as hard as the day before. Is this going to stay Diamond? Actually yes I want to add to it. Add to it. One for Sapphire and the 3 other girls that died because this place. So what exactly are you going to do with this place again Amethyst said looking around?

~La'Tasha~

I stood looking at the grave site of Cassandra and the two other girls that were murdered at the hands of Rocci and Onyx. In all the years of being at the ranch and seeing the stuff that happened and the folks that came and went I tried not to get jaded by it. I tried not to get attached to anyone at this place because I knew they'd all leave me and I'd be alone again. I was just some little crazy girl from Louisiana. I'd never been out of the state of Louisiana until that night I ran away from my last group home. Daddy was gone and I didn't have anybody so I knew I had to take care of myself and that meant getting out of that home. I'd been in so many fosters homes I'd lost count. It never mattered if they were white or black as soon as they found out I was bipolar it was an issue. It was to the point that they would do stuff to make me act out so they could call get me kicked out. By the time I was 16 I'd gown through pretty much every foster family in the town and the last hope for me was group home. Yeah some group home. They kicked us out every morning at 7:15 and told us not to come back till 5. There was no counseling, no support, nothing! It was just another place for homeless kids. Coming to Las Vegas was the best thing and worst thing to happen to me.