Chapter 25: The Distance

Your POV:

Ever since you told Kirito about your pregnancy, he avoided you. When he came back from the guild raid, he ended up sleeping in the spare master bedroom. You felt lonely and cried each night; you felt your bond depleting.

The next couple of weeks went by in silence, he still completed quests and did jobs for the money, while you stayed home and got more plump. When you told the cousin about the news, he was happy. He stayed with you the entire time after he clocked out from work.

"So what do you think the gender will be?," he asked excitedly.

You only giggled and playfully slapped his arm.

"Stupid...it's only been four weeks after I found out I was pregnant...I need to wait until I'm at least six months," you sighed.

He nodded in undrestandment and then smiled a little at you.

"So, had Kirito still been avoiding you?," he asked and hugged you.

You nodded and felt a surge of sadness. You ended up crying and nuzzling him.

"The distance is killing me inside Jiro. I feel like he doesn't even want me, like I'm an abomination," you sobbed.

He sighed and let you dampen his shirt with your tears; it hurt him deeply to see you so vulnerable. You then sniffled and wiped your tears.

"Well...I've been thinking...maybe we rushed things, so if he wants to be alone then i'll...divorce him and just love with you," you said while rubbing your belly.

He only went wide eyed and gasped.

"(y/n)! Don't you dare so that! You know it'll hurt you both anyways!," scolded you.

You whimpered and cried even more; your hormones kicking in.

"Why should I! He treats me as if I was air! Nothing to be payed attention too! You know how depressed i've been!," you yelled.

"..." He stayed silent.

"I when I go to talk to him, he walks away from me, or locks the door...and I just feel like ending it all: our marriage, love, and my life," you said and broke down even more.

---

After your little mental break down, you made dinner; per Jiro's request. You both dined and talked about your childhood and you enjoyed the company. When dinner was done, he helped you clean. As dessert was also eaten, he left and told you to not give up hope.

"How can you tell me that...you don't understand my feelings at all, but I see why...Uncle Jiro," you giggled.

When you both reached the teleporter, you waved to him good-bye and he left.

The walk back to the house felt scary. When you walked in, Kirito was sitting on the couch. You hesitated to step it, but stepped in anyways. As you walked passed him to go to your room, he stood up and grabbed your hand. You gasped and then pulled away.

"Don't touch me," you whimpered.

He only ignored you and grabbed you, pulling you into a kiss. You struggled a bit and then melted into the kiss. When you both pulled away for air, you backed away.

"What do you want?," you asked.

"I want to apologize to you (y/n)," he teared up.

You went wide eyed and touched his cheek gently.

"I want to say that you mean, so much to me and I don't wanna lose you," he began.

"I came home earlier when you and your cousin were talking. I heard how you wanted to die...and to think it was because of the very person who vowed to protect and love you," he broke down in sobs.

You pulled him into a hug and let him use your shoulder to cry on.

"I don't want to lose you, ever. And I know i've been immature about the baby, but if you want it, then we'll keep it. I just couldn't wrap my head around the fact that we're having a baby," he sniffled.

"It's okay Kirit-," he cut you off.

"No! It's not okay. I've been neglecting you because I'm scared of becoming a parent...I don't even have a mother and father, they died. I was just concerned that I wouldn't be a good father, since I had no rather figure," he admitted.

You stayed silent and nodded.

The entire night, you both made love. He showed you just how important you were to him and you did the same. Results: make up sex is the best.

---

Kirito's POV:

Just the thought if losing (y/n), made me realize how much of an idiot I am. He felt neglected, unloved, and depressed, and I caused that. I couldn't bare it. The talk we and cleared up a lot of things, even the confusion I felt, but in all honesty, I loved him regardless.

The next morning, I woke up early. I seen my lover sleeping soundly next to me, so I smiled and peppered his belly with kisses. The plump roundness slowly grew on me and I chuckled.

"Thank you Yui-chan...me and mama love the gift you left for us," I said and looked at her tear.