Chapter 26: The Announcement

Your POV:

It was just another normal day; you woke up, showered, cooked breakfast, and cleaned up. The thought of seeing your virtual child made you happy, so you rubbed your belly and giggled.

"Hey there little bun...how toasty warm is the oven?," you giggled at your joke.

Right as you were about to talk to the baby again, Kirito touched your shoulder. You squeaked and then smiled.

"Geez babe you scared me," you pulled him in for a kiss.

It was chaste, but sweet tasting and calming.

"Hmmm...I wanna do something today. It's been a good while since we've left this place," you smiles at him.

You really wanted to just go do something, anything to view your boredom. While pondering on your thoughts, you got an idea and smiled.

"Hey Kirito! Let's go to the floor with the field of flowers. It'll be romantic and I'll even pack us a picnic lunch," you said happily.

He only smiled and nodded, holding yoinby the waist and kissing your cheeks.

"Whatever my princess wants," he said while nibbling on your neck.

A soft moan crept out of your mouth, as your head lulled back. You bit your bottom lip and ground your butt against his hardening crotch; eliciting a groan from your husband.

"Mmnn..Kirito~," you panted out.

He only chuckled and left fresh hickeys on your neck. Your skinship was then interrupted by an announcement from the game developer himself. He said that the only person on this game that could beat him was Kirito, and that made you gasp.

He concluded his announcement with a duration setting: one week until the final battle. When then announcement went off, you cried and nuzzled your husband.

"W-what does he mean Kirito?," you asked while wiping tears.

Kirito only sadly gaze at you.

"I'm not so entirely sure myself (y/n)," he cupped your cheek and sighed.

You felt your whole world crumble even more; not only did your husband get challenged to a duel with the game maker, but your baby was due on the day of the challenge. You were horrified to know something like that would happen.

"K-kirito...the day of the challenge...is the day I give birth," you told him.

He went wide eyed and then sighed.

"He knew...he knew all along...that's why he did it. (Y/n) Let me tell you what he told me...He said if I win...this world would be erased and all of us would return to the real world all alive, but if I lose, I kill everyone...including myself," he nuzzled you.

Now it was your turn to hug him as he cried into your shoulder. You pitied and loved the man who had to carry the burden of lives in his chest and live with the fact that if he losed, he kills everyone. You only could kiss him full of passion and love.