Chapter 13

OMG, 270 views?!? I honestly can't believe that this story has had that many views! Anyway I really suggest that you listen to this song towards the end of the chapter, because I think it goes really good with the mood of everything.
Hope you enjoy, and as always let me know what you think!
~Maddi❤️
---------------------------------------------------
"Okay Rosie, lets see how you handle a real injury. This is Mathew, a Slicer. Mathew here has accidentally given himself a nasty cut along his arm here. Would you mind running me through what you will do?" Clint asked while leading a young boy to the chair across from me. He didn't seem much older than me; his piercing blue eyes flittering around the room, small curly locks of golden hair falling over his eyes.

"Hi Mathew, my name is Rosie, the only girl here. I'm going to have to take a look at that cut of your's please." I announced while reaching for Mathews arm. He hesitantly removed an old, bloodied rag from his arm and rested it on the table beside me. I was quick to examine the injury, deciding what kind of precautions and steps were required for the degree of the injury.

"Alright Mathew, it looks like you were lucky this time and have missed the ligaments and tendons, and it looks like you haven't caused too much damage to the muscle tissue. I wont have to give you stitches, however I will need to disinfect and wrap it up, okay? It may sting a little." I explained as I poured some disinfectant into a bowl and soaked a cotton ball in it. I gave Mathew a quick glance to ensure that he was fine and was prepared, however his eyes were trained on the window along the wall. I dabbed the disinfectant along his arm for a minute before preparing the bandage.

"Just keep this clean and dry for about a week, then come back here to get it checked out. It's going to be pretty sore for the first few days, so take a couple of these once a day for 3 days." I instructed as I walked over to the shelf and handed him a bottle of painkillers. He gave me a warm smile and took the bottle in his hands as he stood up.

"Thank you." Mathew mumbled before turning around and exiting the room.

"He's quite a shy one, ain't he?" I remarked as I started to clean my table off for the day.

"Yeah, he was the Greenie before you. Mathew is still struggling to fit in, unlike you." Clint commented, giving me a warm smile.
"So, how did I go?" I asked inquisitively.

"Actually, I think you went great. Haven't had a Greenie so experienced in medical methods before. I'm definitely going to recommend you as a Medjack." I let the smile spread across my face at Clint's words and put the last of the old bandages in the bin. When I turned back around, Newt was just enetering the room; covered in dirt and sweat. I scrunched my nose up in disgut at the smell that clung to Newt's skin.

"Hey. What were you doing today?" I asked, making my way over to Newt.

"Hey, a bit of everything, but mostly working in the Gardens. Are you ready to leave?" Newt asked, sticking one of his hands into the pocket of his pants. I looked out one of the windows in the room at the darkening sky sending shades of pink and purple to cascade above the Glade.

"I think so. There wasn't anything else I could do to help, Clint?" I asked, turning around to the boy who was giving me a funny look.

"No, no I'm fine. You two go off now and enjoy the rest of your day!"

"Okay, thank you!" I smiled and followed Newt out of the room and down the hallway.

"So, you never told me where we are going." I thought aloud as I followed Newt down the hallway to his bedroom.

"That's a surprise. You'll just have to wait and see." Newt teased, opening the door of his bedroom and walking in. I stood in the doorway and looked around the room, realising it was quite different from mine. Unlike me, Newt had a large double bed in the corner, with a large desk along the far wall, and a dresser next to the door.