A Celebration of Sorts

Okay, so we officially did it. We have hit 1000 reads!!!!!

And as a sort of celebration, I decided to reveal a little about the characters and story of The One I Love. So without further ado, I give you some insight to my story.

1. I was inspired to write the One I love after reading To Love, by . It is a phenomenal book with such a unique and capturing plot. It has be one of my favourite books that I've read on this site, and honestly it deserves a lot more recognition.

2. Rosie is actually a year older than Newt

3. Rosie and Newt started dating two years after knowing each other. Newt asked Rosie out one night when he had snuck her out to stargaze.

4. Rosie and Newt contemplated starting a family before being sent into the Maze, however turned the idea down in fear of the repercussions and what would be done with their children.

5. The reason Thomas and Rosie look so different is because they have different fathers

6. Rosie is named after Rosalind Franklin

7. Shall I tell you what I have named Newt (before the Maze)? Yeah, but I'll leave the best for last! Rosie's name before the Maze was Emma

8. Rosie's mother (Ellie) is named after my dog (Original, I know)

9. Rosie was originally planned to be the subject that triggers the Ending in Maze B, however after the plan change, it was decided that a gender swap for each maze was more effective, and thus Teresa was then selected.

10. Rosie had a younger brother who was not immune, and succumbed to the Flare. After his death, Rosie was severely mentally affected, and the trauma has stuck with her even through the Swipe. This is also why both her and Thomas take a liking towards Chuck, as he strongly subconsciously reminds them of him. His name was Eliot.

11. Rosie saw Newt jump. She was the reason Alby found Newt.

12. Rosie's mother was English, and Rosie acquired a hint of her accent, however it did not stick through the Swipe. This is why Rosie picks up on Newt's slang. Thomas spent most of his time with his father, and did not pick up the accent.

13. Rosie is the second eldest in the Glade (After Alby)

14. Rosie and Sonya were best friends before they were separated for training.

15. And finally, in The One I Love, Newt's real name is:
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Blake!

Hope you all enjoyed! If you have any other questions, I'd be more than happy to try and answer