Chapter 34

Graces POV (September)

"Is my brother still alive?" I asked nearly a month ago. My mother told me he was and had changed his name to Brian. She gave me his number. I had called him a week or so latter and we decided to meet at the coffee shop.

Todays that day I see him.

Walking into the coffee shop, which I still work at, Mondays through Fridays, 7:00-3:00. The smells of coffee beans and sugar sift through the air mixing with late sumer breeze and bloomed flowers. I sit in a both by a window to wait for Ryan, Brian.

Its funny, I used to work with this guy. I smile at the thought of it. Way back a year or was it two? Maybe even three years? Is it possible? I suppose it is.

"Grace?" The familiar voice of Brian interrupts my thoughts.

"Brian!" I smile warmly at him getting up to hug him.

"Lets go order" he suggests.

"Good Idea." We walk towards the counter. I grab an iced chi and Muffin while Brian asks for a smoothie. Sitting back down, I notice a scar on his left check, close to his eye.

"A dog attacked me." He replies. "Oh." I whisper. I hate dogs.

Once when I was younger I was attacked by my friends dog. He bit my leg and almost didn't let go. After wards he was put down because it was his third attack in five months. The first two other dogs. The other reason I despise dogs is because one dog got aggressive with a cousin of mine and tore her face apart. She latter on had to get plastic

Surgery I remember. That dog had gotten killed on the spot since it was out in the country and police were there. I was there when it happened.  But ether way I hate dogs.

"Im sorry for me trying to you...know?" Brain stutters.

"Why though?" I wonder.

"It was either that or kill you." Brain responds. And at first it was all about the money. Then I don't know when I found out some girl passed away because of our dirty work I feel apart." He explains. His head low. "I forgive you." I tell him. He smiles at me, relief clear to the eye.

Im not okay. But I know I will be. Ill be fine.

When Im walking home after the coffee and reuniting with my brother, I saw him.

It was a perfect fall day. The colorful leaves slowly, drifting down to the ground. You could feel it, see it and even smell it. It was just a perfect day.

I saw Harry. It was not a bad encounter. No Infect it was the perfect encounter.

"Harry!" I stop him on the street. His head looks up, shocked to see me. I look at him. His pump lips and curly hair the same. But what was different, his eyes. The same loving eyes I first laid eyes on were not the same as that first day. No, there was something there. Pain perhaps? Love? I may never know. But his eyes hurt me and mended me all at the same time.

"Harry, look I miss you and I wa-" He does the unexpected, he does not kiss me. No, he interrupts me.

"Grace, I miss you too. But before you go on, there are some things we have to talk about."

"Like what?" I ask

Calmly he continues, "Im moving back to England. And I don't think I can love you the same as I ever did before."

I blink back tears, "what? Harry....." I plead. He wraps his arms around me. He pulls me close. I smell the mint, the cologne. I love it. I never want to let go.

"Please, its for the best." He sighs. The tears slowly slide down my cheek. Harry looks me in the eye with his vibrant green ones full of emotion. His hands come to my check. He gently wipes my eyes dry. If I let him go like this, he wont be abel to dry them.

Harrys always been there for me. Even if I pushed him away, he was always there for me. Always. Now, Im tasting my own medicine. Im the one being pushed away this time.

I know I wont live with my self after he leaves. I probably go to a bridge and throw myself in a hold my breath for a moment then drown myself. Or I could end it silently. Swallow a bunch of pills, enough to kill me, right before I fall asleep. Or I could just stab my self, or pay some guy to kill me. What am I doing? Im planning my suicide when I should be preventing him from leaving. Preventing myself from killing myself.

"What are you so afraid of?" Harry asks.

What am I afraid of? Why do I not want him to go? Why am I falling apart right now?

Im afraid of losing, losing people I love. Its happened so many times already. Im afraid of being alone, for the rest of my life with no one to love me again. Because who, who would want me? There are so many things wrong with me. Im a 23 year old afraid of sex, Im 23 and I still cut like Im 13 again. Im 23 and I don't believe in my self. Im a 23 year old and I need Harry to make me feel good.

But not in a "friends with benefits" good because we haven't done that. Harry makes me feel good because he makes me feel beautiful. He makes me feel special, like Im the only girl he wants. The girl he want to marry, the girl he wants to have his children with. He makes me laugh and smile. He makes me feel like Im wanted. But do love him like that? Do I love him like I could spend the rest of my life with him?

No.

I love him because he's my best friend.

I cant marry my best friend.

Even as I think these things I don't let go.

"Hey, um I gotta go." I tell him.

"Okay." He tells me. But I still don't let go of him. I just cant.

"I don't wanna say goodbye." I finally sigh.

"Why" he asks.

"Because, saying goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting."

"Then lets not say goodbye. Lets not forget." Harry tells me.

"But what about the going away part?"

With tears in his eyes he replies, "Ill see you again, this is not where it ends, I will carry you with me till I see you again."

"Then what do we say?" I wonder.

"Say hello." Harry suggests. "Hello. Im Harry." The tears finally fall down his check.

"Hello Harry. Im Grace."

A/N

HEY! THIS IS THE LAST CHAPTER!! HOWEVER, THERE WILL BE A PROLOGUE! AND WARNING IT MAY BE UPSETTING. SOME OF YOU MAY BE UPSET WITH ME ABOUT THE ENDING! ILL BE UPDATING IN A FEW HOURS! LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH! JUST GETTING OVER A HUNDRED READS FOR ME IS AMAZING! I DONT CARE ABOUT HAVING A MILLION READS OR VOTES, IM FINE WITH THE NUMBER I HAVE! LOVE YOU ALL! BTW A NEW BOOK IDEA IS ON MY PAGE! CHECK IT OUT FOR ME?? ENJOY THIS BEAUTIFUL DAY!