Prologue

Everything happens for a reason. Ive learned that. There are a few other things Ive learned.

Like,

1. When life gives you a hundred reasons to cry, show life you have a thousand reasons to smile.

-Im 26. A wife, middle school teacher and mother of a two year old names Liv Nicole. Im 26 and I no longer cut like a 13 year old.

2. Sometimes all you need is 20 seconds of insane courage.

-I felt sad one day, missing Harry, so I left home and moved to Portland. There I meet my now husband, Alex.

3. its okay to save yourself. Its okay to be your own hero.

-Once I was in deep depression when me and Alex had a miscarry with our first baby. No one could do anything. I had to depend on myself to get me out of my depression.

And,

4. Moving on is part of life.

-I don't have to forget the things that happened. Moving on is accepting the past and knowing Ill be okay.

Harry made me realize those things.

****

Im driving in the car with Alex and Liv, were a few minutes to my moms.

Whom still lives in a tidy house near Harrys mums. Harry and I our best friends. His wife is now my good friend, Izabel. Their son, Jax's and Liv our good friends too.

"We see Jax?" Liv asks in the back seat.

"Yes honey in a second!" I reply.

Were surprising all of them by coming here.

"Yay!!" Cries Liv. Alex smiles, holding my hand.

Suddenly my phone goes off.

"Hey Gemma, whats up?." I ask into my phone.

"Grace, its Harry." Shes crying.

"Where are you at?" My stomach churns with worry.

"North Kansas City hospital." She replies. "On our way."

****

"Harry?" I ask sitting down next to him.

He got in a car wreck. A bad one.

"Hey.... Grace." He says, trying to smile.

"I waited for you."

"What do you mean?" I cry. He shushes me, looking up at Alex.

"Alex, do me a favor, for one keep treating Grace like this. Keep loving her." Alex nods.

"Another thing, be a bit of a Dad to...to my son....please."

"Yes. I promise." Alex says near tears.

Harrys not gonna make it.

"No! Please!" I beg. "I dont want to lose you."

With no signs of tears in his eyes, his eyes are full of knowledge and acceptance. He knows.

"Ill see you again, this is not where it ends, I will carry you with me till I see you again." I reassure him, crying.

"Hello, Grace." He whispers.

"Hello Harry."

Prologue