Chapter 11

Faolan climbed the ladder in the speed of light and ran to his bedroom. There was a bed, a crafting table, a double chest, plush red carpet, and a painting of a sunset. His heart skipped. This place is practically meant for me, he thought, then remarked sadly, I wish that Celeste were here to see it.

Pushing that thought out of his mind, he went over to his chest and put the things he didn't need in it, like saplings and wooden tools. He'd get better ones from Onix. To Faolan's surprise, there were also leather pants in the chest, likely a gift from Gale. He left them in there. He didn't need them yet.

"Are you ready yet, Faolan?" Bridget asked from the adjacent room.

"Yeah!" He said back.

They climbed down the stairs to find Sapphire sitting on a bench, absent-mindedly rubbing her cape in between her fingers. She looked up and smiled.

"Hey guys. Ready to go?"

"Yep!" Faolan said.

"Great. Follow me," she responded and led them out of the house.

Sapphire walked confidently along the road, with the other two trailing behind. Faolan took in the breathtaking scenes, such as villagers training, hostile mobs milling around, and also the equally present trees and flowers that dotted the village. Bridget stared at the ground, her gaze emotionless. Sapphire stopped abruptly, and Faolan almost ran into her. He also almost ran away when he saw that she was communicating with a charged creeper.

If he was back in the normal village, he would have screamed and called for help. But this one didn't even look at him. "Are you communicating with it?" Faolan asked.

Sapphire looked over from their conversation and said, "Yes, and she's not an it. It's my ability to speak with hostile mobs. They're under control by Herobrine, so they won't attack us. And her name is Storm, by the way."

The charged creeper--Storm, whatever--looked at him for a moment and focused her dead gaze on Bridget. She turned back to Sapphire and gave a few agitated hisses, which Sapphire returned. Storm gave a quieter hiss and nodded.

"Storm says that Onix is home and that we can visit her."

"Why'd she looked at me like that?" Bridget queried.

After a pause, Sapphire replied, "She's just suspicious that you're not a Descendant. Come along, now. We don't have all day."

They continued for a few minutes until they came along a huge cobblestone-and-obsidian house with smoke billowing out of a chimney. Sapphire pressed a button and the iron door opened up. Everyone stepped inside to see a villager with short-cropped black hair standing next to an anvil.

"Who's there?" She asked suddenly, without turning around.

"It's Sapphire. I've brought a new Descendant. He needs weapons. Badly." Sapphire replied.

Onix turned around and shook Faolan's hand. "Hi, I'm Onix. Your name?"

"Faolan."

"Great to see you. Alright, gimme a second..." Onix broke away and went to a chest, digging through it and muttering to herself. Eventually, she pulled out an enchanted iron sword and a few pieces of armor.

"There we go! Here, this one's got Sharpness I on it." The deadly blade shimmered with purple energy in Faolan's hands. He felt unworthy to hold such a volatile and important weapon in his hands. Timidly, he put the sword and his armor into his inventory and pulled out a few pieces of bread.

"Thanks. Um, here," he said and handed Onix the bread. "For the sword."

Onix laughed. "Oh boy, you're a bit sweet, aren't you?" She exclaimed and took the bread. "Haven't seen someone do this in months, or maybe years. You're welcome."

She turned away smirking and got back to work. The three friends left the shop.

"Now what?" Faolan asked.

And a voice behind him said, "Now, you train."