Chapter 27

"Where have you been?!" Faolan heard Sapphire shout. She appeared out from behind him and crossed her arms. She was fuming with rage.

"Long story," he snapped, but he couldn't muster any anger. He rubbed the back of his head where she had smacked him.

There were more pairs of footsteps and Onix appeared from the opposite side that Sapphire had come. She smiled in relief when she saw Faolan. A few moments later, Karen and Hunter followed from behind her, bursting through the silver mist. Karen ran up and hugged him briefly before dropping back to Hunter's side.

"Oh, thank goodness!" She exclaimed.

"Where's Gale?" Faolan asked.

"He's getting some actual sleep tonight. He's been searching ever since you left to make sure that you were okay," Onix explained, running a gloved hand through her short, black hair.

"Well... I'm not. In the real world, I mean."

"What happened?" Hunter asked.

Faolan explained his situation again, but this time in more detail. He also mentioned his strange dream in the Nether, with Herobrine and the skeleton, Serefire. When he finally finished, he looked around to see their expressions. JP looked thoughtful, one arm crossed across his chest and the other rubbing his face. Sapphire looked distressed and frustrated. Hunter was grimacing, while Karen was nervously biting her lip. Onix sighed.

"This isn't good." Was the first thing she said.

"I've never heard of Serefire. She must be one of Herobrine's generals or something," Hunter stated.

"Me neither. But that ocelot I found must have been the scout that she was speaking of. She ran away the night I brought her home," Karen added.

"But who's this Dark Star that he mentions?" JP asked, glancing at Sapphire.

"Don't look at me. There's no newspaper that tells us what's happening," she snapped.

"But look at the bright side, guys," Onix exclaimed, which turned heads. "Amia is alive and coming to us, and it seems like Herobrine might be sending troops to help. That's good, right?" A few of them grumbled agreement. "He probably wants us to help Faolan. Or maybe to destroy Bridget."

"That's true," Sapphire said. "But this 'Dark Star' is obviously a threat. Who knows what he is?"

Faolan shrugged. "Not me. But one of Bridget's allies, America, mentioned something happening the next day, likely soon after I woke up. It didn't seem good."

There was a moment of eerie quiet after that. Faolan knew what they were thinking. They'd probably kill him, or something. His last chance to give into transferring his power to Bridget. He had a feeling that they wouldn't give him many chances... or much mercy.

"We'll just hope that Amia gets to our village in time to give us some more information. I think that we could be able to get there by noon. With the amount of Descendants equipped with abilities, we'd be able to find a way to wherever you are. Hopefully we'd be able to fight and get you back, although there is one drawback," Sapphire told him.

"What is it?" Faolan asked, nervously.

"We wouldn't be able to take a huge patrol. Only a dozen at the max. Hopefully we'd be able to get horses."

He nodded. "Okay."

JP was about to speak up, but there were loud approaching footsteps coming towards them. JP and Sapphire brought out swords--he didn't bother asking how--but the only thing that emerged through the mist into the clearing was a skeleton. It stopped at the edge, raking all of them with its empty gaze, a tiny red pupil scanning all of their faces.

"Serefire?" Faolan exclaimed, recognizing the skeleton by her confident gait and aura of superiority.

She focused on him, eyes narrowed, and turned to Sapphire, who translated, "She says that that's her name and isn't going to bother asking how you know. Um..." She paused again. "Serefire wants you to wake up now. There are... plans... that she needs to talk to me about."

JP quickly asked, "For a battle?"

Sapphire nodded and beckoned for Serefire to follow, and they walked away from the clearing and into the mist.

JP smiled at Faolan. "Don't worry, Faolan. We have your back. Just try not to die. OK?"

He saw some of the old humor back in his eyes. "I'll do that. Thanks. For everything." Faolan replied and willed for himself to wake up. The Dream Realm eventually overcame him with mist and he was enveloped once again in darkness.