Chapter 28

Faolan blinked open his eyes to see the ceiling of the dungeon once again. He laid there, registering what had happened. That dream... not just a dream... what did he call it? I'm a dream-walker. I walk the Dream Realm.

He rolled over to he was facing the far wall. "Wow," he said under his breath. He was sure glad that Amia had given him his weapon before she left. If JP and Sapphire and Onix were indeed coming to help him--possibly with help from Serefire?--he'd obviously need to fight. Amia was safe, for now. What time would the Descendants get me, here? He wondered. If they fetched him before they got here... who knows what could happen? How long ago was the dream, anyway?

What worried him the most was this Dark Star person. He--she, it--sounded dangerous. If he could be avoided, Faolan would aim to.

Quickly, he ate a pork chop just as there was a familiar clang! from outside of the cell. More footsteps and another person opened up the iron door and stuck his head inside.

But this person wasn't America or Sky. He had blue eyes and a dark vest, along with messy brown hair that stuck out jaggedly and framed his face. He wore a black bandana around the lower half of his face. He was also young. Really young. 11, maybe even 12 was his best guess. Faolan stared at him quizzically.

"Faolan?" He asked, voice muffled slightly by the bandana.

"Yeah," he said, somberly.

"Please come with me," he replied simply and motioned for him to come.

Heaving a great sigh, Faolan stood up, completely forgetting about his ankle. He stumbled forward but steadied himself, shoulder throbbing. The young boy stared at him. With his mouth covered by the cloth, it was hard to tell what he was feeling, but it looked like he wasn't enjoying his suffering as much as America or Bridget did. He watched Faolan stand up straighter and finally limp out of the cell.

The boy looked away as he shut the door, like he didn't like to see him in pain. He took out a golden apple and murmured, "Here. Eat this."

Faolan cautiously took it from his outstretched hand. "Um... okay... why?"

"Bridget likes to see people with full health when... er... you'll see." Something in the way that the young boy stuttered and fidgeted made Faolan suspect that he was bluffing. Nevertheless, Faolan ate the apple and felt his health quickly start to regenerate.

"Thanks," he said.

The boy nodded in return and led him down the hall. It was a simple, two-by-two stone hallway that led as far as he could see until it curved up into a spiral staircase. The boy checked to see if he was still following and started to descend the stairs. By the time that they got to the top, Faolan's health was full and he felt the Absorption effect giving him some extra strength. He was led to another corridor, but the boy took a sharp turn into a darker hall.

Uneasy, Faolan attempted to light his hand up with a small flame to give him light, but all he got was a pale green glow and a stinging feeling. The boy looked back.

"Please don't," he said quietly. "You'll hurt yourself. She used code-crafting to stop your powers for now."

Too confused to answer properly, Faolan trailed after him through the shadows until they came to a blank stone wall. The boy pressed a button on the side and the wall opened up to a sandy area. They quickly went inside and the doors shut again.

He took a quick glance back. No buttons, no pressure plates. Wherever they were, they were completely sealed in.

Turning his attention back to his surroundings, Faolan found himself in a huge arena-type room, with a ceiling at least 50 blocks high, probably more, with a hanging glowstone chandelier and some windows near the roof to let in some light. The surrounding wall was stone and stone bricks. There was a 15-block high opening in one of the walls, but was sealed a few blocks in by more stone. No escape there.

Worst of all, Bridget stood in the middle of the arena, diamond sword drawn. America and Sky flanked her, each holding an iron sword. Flint stood beside Sky, baring his teeth in a savage snarl.

Bridget said, "Glad you could join us."