Chapter 1

Sakura' POV

I ran and I ran. Desperately running away from the horrible place I had been forced into.

'I can't go back' I thought to myself. 'I'll never go back to that place.'

I continue to ignore the sharp pains of rocks and branches that littered the ground.

'I'm finally free'

~Time skip~

I eventually reach a large park where I start walking, trying not to collapse from exhaustion.

'I need to rest' I thought to myself as I dragged my feet along.

My thoughts are interrupted by the sound of approaching footsteps.

"Oh come on Seto" said a voice making me jump slightly and hide in some bushes.

I look out to see two males walking side by side along the sidewalk.

"You always work, and you never spend time with me and Mokuba" said a teen with shaggy, honey brown hair, with hazel eyes and was wearing a green jacket and jeans.

"I have a company to run Joey, I can't just leave it" replied a taller male with brown hair and piercing blue eyes and was wearing an expensive white trench coat that definitely defied the laws of physics.

The blonde lets out a growl. "You own the damn company" he says. "You can stop whenever you want"

The two continue to get closer and I slowly start backing away till I accidentally step on a small twig making it snap and the duo to stop.

"What was that?" Asked the blonde curiously.

"There's obviously something in the bushes" replied the other bluntly.

"Smartass"

The blonde male starts to head towards me and I start to panic.

I try running but my shirt suddenly gets caught on some lower branches, keeping me from moving.

My fear rises as I hear the footsteps come closer and tears of frustration appear as I desperately try to free myself.

'They'll find me and take me back' I thought 'I don't want to go back!'

"Hey, who are you and what?" Asked a voice.

I whip my head around and see the blonde male looking back at me with curiosity and the taller one behind him glaring at me suspiciously.

With my emotions running wild I pull against the branch some more.

'Let go!'

I sink to the ground with tears streaming down my face and the blonde approaches me slowly.

He reaches his hand out and I violently flinch back with a whimper making him freeze midway.

His eyes soften. "Hey" he says gently. " I'm not gonna hurt ya, I'm just gonna help ya."

I look up at him and look for any kind of possible lie and see nothing. My fear slowly ebbed away and I nod for him to continue.