fade into the background

DISCLAIMER: I strongly suggest that you all listen to the song in the media while reading this imagine

DISCLAIMER: I strongly suggest that you all listen to the song in the media while reading this imagine. I've been in love with this song ever since my brother introduced me to it when I was younger. I was in the car, and the song started playing on my phone, and I just knew I had to make it an imagine. I hope you all enjoy!

There you stood in front of the mirror, examining how well your wedding dress complimented your curves, as well as the beautiful make-up that coated your face

There you stood in front of the mirror, examining how well your wedding dress complimented your curves, as well as the beautiful make-up that coated your face. Your hair was curled down your back, and your bouquet of flowers were held in your hands in front of your body. You closed your eyes and let out a soft sigh as you felt someone placing your veil upon your head. You opened your eyes, only to see your mother standing beside you, smiling at your reflection that came from the mirror. "You look absolutely beautiful, sweetheart," your mother complimented, causing you to smile softly. "Thank you, mama.. I appreciate it."

Today was your wedding day, and you were a nervous wreck. Your past relationships had never worked out, and you never thought you were actually going to be able to say you had married the love of your life. The only relationship that was close to that point was your previous one; you had fallen in love with your closest childhood friend, Keith Tyree Powers. You both never really considered a relationship with one another until your junior year of high school, and from that point on, you two were inseparable— more inseparable than you both already were. As time went past, Keith began to pursue his acting career while you attended college, his first major break being his appearance on Straight Outta Compton. You were incredibly proud of his accomplishments, and you were with him every step of the way— through the rejection and stress, you never lost hope in his dream. Once he landed the major role of playing Ronnie DeVoe for The New Edition Story on BET, his career completely skyrocketed. Everybody knew who he was, especially women; you were never the jealous type— you were territorial. Keith was yours, and only yours, and sharing wasn't one of your strengths.

As Keith became more exposed to different casting opportunities and more comfortable with his "fans", the time you both spent together became less and less of a priority to him. The only type of contact you would have with each other is when Keith would return home to the apartment you both purchased together, and only arguments and the slamming of doors were constant in the environment. One day, you told Keith how you felt— how you didn't feel important to him anymore, how you wanted him to treat you like you were the only girl in the world, just like he did in high school. Your heart was crushed once he told you that he, in fact, was too busy to tend to your needs, and that if you weren't fond of it, you should walk away from the relationship. Although it hurt, that's exactly what you decided to do.