ur love ↠ song request #2

"shawty, i'ma only tell you this once—you the illestand for your lovin', i'ma die hard like bruce willisyou got spark, you, you got spunk; you, you got somethin' all the girls wantyou're like a candy store, and i'm a toddleryou got me wantin' more...

and for your lovin', i'ma die hard like bruce willis
you got spark, you, you got spunk; you, you got somethin' all the girls want
you're like a candy store, and i'm a toddler
you got me wantin' more, and much much more of your love, your love, yeah."
your love x nicki minaj

     You sat in one of your college's many of cafés as your eyes became fixated on his tall figure; the way he walked as if he didn't have a care in the world amazed you. You were never the type to strategize a way to steal a man's heart—shit, men strategized for yours—but for some reason, this one in particular had you acting differently.

     You licked your lips slowly as he sat down at a table across from you, not even turning to look anybody's way as all the females gawked at him and all the males snarled in his direction. You admired how much he minded his own, only worried about his studies and extra-curricular commitments.  He was a gorgeous creature that God took his time creating, so you could see why every girl wanted him and every man envied him.

     You watched as he opened the textbook that was once occupied by his masculine hands. He flipped the pages in a concentrated manner that made you swoon; gosh, why did he have to be so perfect? It had only been a couple seconds of him being peacefully to himself until you heard the shrill voice that made you gag every time it came in contact with your eardrum.

     "Hey, baby!" the disastrous woman shrieked, catching the young man off-guard. The way he jumped at the sound of her voice caused you to laugh softly. "Oh, uh, what's up, Ri?" the young man asked, sighing in what you thought was dread; the bitch was dreadful. "You told me that you'd call me after your class, Keith, what happened?" she asked, sitting directly in front of the man known as Keith, blocking your entire view of him with her tangled, dry weave. "You know I'm always caught up in my studies, Rianna. I was gonna call you as soon as I had free time," Keith voiced; you wish you could see his facial expressions as he spoke. The faces he made always described his true mood, and you wanted to know what he really thought of his girlfriend of three months.

     That's right; Keith has been off the market for a short while. You usually don't go after men who were happily taken—or go after them at all—but Keith wasn't happily taken. It was almost as if he was tortured into making Rianna his woman; you were doing him a favor by being attracted to him because you knew you could treat him so much better than she could. When you wanted something, you got it, and you were going to get Keith without a shout of a doubt.

     Your thoughts were interrupted with another shrill shriek from Rianna, causing you to cover your eardrums with your hands, rolling your eyes. "What do you mean you need a break?!" she screamed. Keith's eyes rolled in a way similar to yours; the whole café's attention was now on the 'couple', and you felt bad that Keith had to endure her existence. From the sound of it, it doesn't seem like he would need to deal with it much longer, and that made you happy. "I just think we need some time away from each other, Rianna. You're too caught up in what I have going on, and when I first met you, you weren't like this. I told you from the jump that I need a woman with her own ambitions; a woman that can grind with me and not worry about what I'm doing every five seconds because she knows what I do is for our future together.. You're not that person anymore." Keith explained. Rianna groaned out of frustration as she quickly stood up and grabbed her belongings, Keith still sitting in his seat as he turned his attention back to his textbook. "You're gonna regret this, Powers!" Rianna yelled, stomping her way out of the café. The chuckle and shake of his head made you laugh, and you didn't know how loud it was until Keith looked up at you.

     Your eyes widened slightly and you put your head down to act as though you were laughing at something your notes had written out. How smart was that? You heard Keith stand up from his seat and gather up his things; you frowned at the thought of him leaving because of your outburst. That was, until you heard footsteps coming closer to you. You slowly let your head up to see Keith sitting his belongings at your table and sitting across from you. You looked around slightly as you felt Keith's eyes on you, slowly looking back over at him, "Did you—" "What were you laughing at?" Keith cut you off with an emotionless facial expression. His voice didn't indicate any anger towards you, but you had observed him enough to know that he was blunt—if he didn't say it, his facial expressions showed it, and that's what intimidated you.

     "I was laughing at something I—" you were cut off once again by Keith, "So you're one of those people who lies in order to save themselves the embarrassment." Your eyebrows furrowed at his statement, "Save myself embarrassment? If anything, I'm saving you the embarrassment." Keith's eyebrows raised at your newfound attitude towards him, but instead of leaving, he leaned closer to you, "How are you saving me the embarrassment, (Your Name)?"

     Your heart stopped at the mention of your name; how the hell did he know your name? Almost as if he read your mind, Keith chuckled, "You're in my Physics class. Your a Psychology major with a big fan base." "Fan base?" you asked in a confused fashion. "All the boys wanna date you and all the girls wanna be you; some of them wanna smash you too though," Keith smirked, your jaw slightly dropping. "So you've been stalking me? Since when?" you scoffed, almost offended. "I know you're not trying to play that card with me, ma. I know you've been watchin' my every move; what I eat, where I go after my classes, who I'm with. I admire the dedication, baby girl," Keith said with a lick of his lips.

     The mere action had you squirming a bit in your seat; you cleared your throat a bit, moving your jaw around a little, "So what was your point in coming over here then? To call me out?" "Now why would I do that? I said I admire the dedication.. Why can't you admire mine?" The last sentence Keith had spoken made you think a bit; how long as he been doing this? Why was he doing it? He could have any girl he wanted, and yet, he was hesitant to make himself known to you from the jump.

     Before you could open your mouth to speak, Keith was already making his way towards the café's exit. You looked down at the table to see Keith's belongings that once sat in front of you gone, but a card was placed in front of you. You furrowed your eyebrows and picked the card up cautiously, as though it held a deep, dark secret on it. You read it to yourself and let a smile creep onto your face:

Meet me at 'The Jungle' @ eight o'clock tonight.
Don't be late.
— K.P.

"anyway, i think i met him so time before
in a different life or where i record
i mean, he was adam, i think i was eve,
but my vision ends with the apple on the tree."

felt a little inspired and decided to make a song imagine

i'm still contemplating on my decision to stop writing, but i did want to post this because i didn't want to let a somewhat good idea go to waste. 🤷🏽‍♀️

enjoy.

— c.