6

You jolt back into consciousness, and the only thing you can feel is the overwhelming pain in your shoulder. You try to stand up on your own two feet, but your legs are too wobbly for you to use. You try to get a look at Gunther. The blood around him is still fresh, so you must've not been out for too long.

You then look at your arm. Your bandages have been undone, and all you can focus on is the immense amount of blood dripping down your burn. "If I don't do anything soon I'll end up either passed out again, get tons of infections in my arm or die from blood loss," you think aloud. You suddenly hear the zipping of ODM gear to your left. You try to turn to look, but end up wincing in pain from tearing your wound more.

"Stop moving," you hear a demanding voice say. You recognize the voice belonging to Levi. "Lovely of you to finally show up," you say with sarcasm clearly in your voice. He puts his blades away and starts examining your shoulder. You feel one of his hands placed there, trying to stop the bleeding.

"What happened?" he questions. You sigh, trying to think. "What I can assume is the female titan showed up in human form. We couldn't get a look at their face because they had their raincoat over their head. Gunther was the first one killed, and I came down to check on him. In the process of doing so, she cut my shoulder. I blacked out so I don't know what happened after that," you tell him.

"I'm sure they all were killed," you say grimly.

"Tch... can you stand?" Levi asks you. You try to stand up again, but your legs give out on you once again. Levi catches you before you can fall backward. He puts one of his arms around your back and pulls you tightly against him.

Using his ODM gear, Levi climbs to the highest branch of the tree. He sets you down and then shakes off his now bloodied hand. "I'll be back once I've located Eren," he tells you. He hooks onto a tree adjacent to you, but before he jumps he looks back at you.

"Try not to die while I'm gone."

"Yes, Sir," you say with sarcasm dripping from your voice. 

You try not to focus on the pain running through your body, instead, you pay heed to the sounds around you. The soft chirping of a bird, the sound of the wind whipping its way through the trees. Of course, that didn't last long because the only thing you could hear was the eventual titan screams. They would happen occasionally, though you were too worried about yourself to focus on Eren. You start thinking about how the female titan managed to escape Erwin's hold.

You move closer to the trunk of the tree and rest your back on the bark behind you. It causes an extremely painful wave to surge through your back, but you relax after a minute of pain. You close your eyes as you can hear the screeches from the Titans getting softer and softer.

• • •

"Carry her," you hear Levi command. "Yes Sir," you then hear an oddly familiar voice say. You open your eyes and recognize the girl as Mikasa Ackerman. She crouches down in front of you and then glances at you, behind her.

"It's either this or over my shoulder," she informs you. You narrow your eyes at her and climb aboard her back. Mikasa holds onto your legs and you drape your arms around her neck. She continues to move on, close to Levi. You notice that Levi has Eren under his arm but looks around to notice no Petra, Oluo, or Eld. You feel as if a big weight is pushed on top of you.

"If I hadn't been so useless they would all still be alive," you mutter. Mikasa glances at you in confusion and it seems that Levi didn't hear you.

"The horses are just that way," you tell him, pointing to the right. He changes direction and Mikasa follows him. As you said, the horses are all still there, tied to a tree. Levi quickly grabs his black horse and you try to grab H/N.