23

You looked outside and saw the sun begin to set as darkness started to take over the sky. Everything has been quiet since the events from earlier and you couldn't decide if that was a good thing or not.

You scan your eyes across the inside of the building and see your teammate sitting on boxes around a lit lantern. They all stared blankly at each other and you frowned. You were not happy about what had happened that day but you hated the feeling of everyone being upset. You walk towards them and lean against a bigger box behind Connie.

"Captain Y/N!" Jean says with a salute. You glare at him with your E/C eyes, to which he gives you a confused look.

"Weren't you complaining about how no one addresses you by your title?" he says with a smug voice, causing you to let out a small laugh.

"That was only because you 'forgot I was a Captain.' If you don't forget then I won't have to remind you," you say with a sweet tone, making quotation marks with your fingers. You see him roll his eyes at you and turn back towards the lantern. Connie turns around and hands you a mug. You grab it from it and look down to see your reflection staring back at you in the tea.

"Shouldn't you be sitting down and eating something? You got shot in your side?" Connie says giving a glance at the bandages around your waist. You had taken off your shirt earlier because it was soaked in blood that left you in a sports bra and pants.

"Oh I wouldn't describe it as being shot, it was more like a slight graze," you say, thinking back to the events from earlier.

"You seem in a rather chipper mood," Mikasa says with a dry tone. You look over to her and meet her grey eyes, that resemble the other Ackerman's in the room. You already knew that she was upset over the fact that Eren had been captured by an enemy once again.

"I wouldn't exactly say I'm in a chipper mood. I might not look like I have something up my ass, but definitely not chipper. I just have a nasty habit of looking on the bright side. Yes, they may have captured Historia and Eren today, but at least were all still alive to save them," you say. Mikasa's eyes tear away from yours and she looks at the ground. You peer over to Levi to find him looking at Armin.

"What's wrong? Did all this filth kill your appetite?" his monotonous voice rings through the air. You take a small sip of your tea and cringe at its bitter taste.

"No. Jean there's something I don't understand," Armin says. You see him looking down at the biscuit he's eating and Jean stiffens up when his name is said.

"What's that?" he says simply. You can hear the shakiness of his voice.

"When I turned around to try to save you that woman already had her gun to your head. It's funny. How could I have shot before she did?" Armin asks still not moving his eyes. You can hear Jean cringe and your face relaxes into a frown as you look down at the ground.

"I don't know," Jean replies with a somber tone.

"You shot first because she hesitated. It's simple," Levi says causing both of them to gasp.

"I'm sorry Armin. You wouldn't have had to save me if I had just done my job," Jean then speaks up, his voice slightly more confident.

"I know what it is. The woman I shot back there. I bet she was a really kind person. She must've had a lot more human empathy than I ever did. I pulled that trigger so easily. Without a thought. I'm-" Armin tries to finish but his voice cracks slightly.

"A killer. Now that your hand has been soaked in blood, the person you once were is gone for good," Levi finished for him. Mikasa gasps at his words and you glare at him for being so blunt.