20

You had been at the cottage with the teenagers for a few days now. Levi has been in and out to get intel from Erwin. You weren't exactly informed on what was going on right now with the scouts, but you knew that your numbers were low because of the most recent expedition to save Eren.

You were currently walking out of the cottage with Armin, Jean, and Sasha to grab some supplies that you had brought back with a carriage. Levi was going to be arriving to update you all on what has been going on and what Erwin's thoughts are on Historia's story. She had told you all about her childhood on the first night that you arrived. You felt sorry for her and couldn't imagine growing up with your mother not acknowledging your existence and your father is out of the picture. You had a very good childhood compared to her, of course, that all changed when you joined the military.

"Hey, Sasha! You even try to steal anymore food, and we'll have Captain Levi chop you into little bite-sized pieces, got it?" you hear Jean say, taking you out of your thoughts. "Who me? I would never... probably," Sasha says while you all walk through the door. "Sasha you don't have to lie, we all already know that you steal the food," you say with an eye roll, putting down the bag you were carrying. Hearing this, Jean groaned. You got to know the members of the 104th cadet core pretty well in the past few days so you knew some of their weird quirks.

"Hey!" Eren yells at the three of them. "Did you three wipe the mud off your shoes before you came in?" You smile at this, taking his Eren's appearance. He had his usual Levi Squad cleaning attire on. You look around the room and realize that it is disgusting. "I thought I told you to clean this place up before we left?!" You practically yell. You can already imagine the anger that will be written all over Levi's face when he arrives.

You put your hand on your forehead as you can feel yourself start to get a headache. "Huh? Are you two kidding me? Eren do you not see all of this stuff we're carrying?" Jean asks. "You idiot! Do you think an excuse like that is going to play with Captain Levi? Bad enough I had to make your bed this morning, now you pull this crap!" Erens yells at him. "Oh shut it who are you my mom now?" Jean yells back at him. "No, no Eren is-" you start to say as you see Mikasa and Historia walk in with wood.

"We're back," Mikasa says simply. "What? You were chopping firewood?" Armin asks her. "Gotta stay in shape somehow," she replies with a monotone voice. "You got grabbed by a titan, you should be in bed recovering!" Armin tries to explain to her. "There's no point Armin," you say, causing all eyes to fall on you. "Eren caught her doing situps this morning, she's not going to listen to you."

"Oh, so you're a nag and a spy?" Jean yells at Eren again.

"What how the hell is that spying?" Eren yells back at him.

The two of them continue to yell at each other so you turn your attention to the other 4 in the room. You notice that Historia is still standing in the doorway. "You can come in, you know?" You tell her, to which she has no response.

"Funny," Sasha says which causes Jean and Eren to stop screaming at each other. "Almost feels like we're back in the cadet core doesn't it?"

"Chaos, makes you wonder why they chose us for this new Levi Squad. Protecting Eren and Historia is such an important mission," Armin starts thinking. "Because we're all so talented, I'd assume," Sasha responds, shoving a piece of bread in her bag. "Sasha put the bread back," you tell her. "And it doesn't matter why Erwin chose you guys for this squad, you shouldn't be questioning it. The fact that he chose you should be enough for each of you," you tell Armin. You honestly can't think of a reason why he chose them for the squad either,  but there's no point in dwelling on it. "Can we focus here, we have to finish cleaning before the Captain gets back," Eren says, clutching onto his broom. "I agree-" you start.