Four: Encounters

NOTE: "Faery" is also "Fairy" it's just a more mythical way of saying and I believe there are a few differences.

~

"Dark Faery!" Robin exclaimed in a whisper to me, before jumping down to the lower buildings and in front of us. 

I, however, remained frozen. If she was here, then he might be too. "Robin!" I called, following his lead as we reached the shortest one story building, hiding behind a sign.

"Be careful," he warned, readying some blades. "If Dark Faery's here, then you can almost guarantee her accomplice Midnight is here."

I swallowed guiltily. Yes, she was here, but not in the way you'd expect. "You've faced Midnight before?" I asked quietly. 

Robin glared into space. "Yeah, her, Dark Faery and their master Witch Boy...we lost someone because of them."

I released a breath I'd been holding. "Those humans are possessed, hit them hard enough and the trance will cancel itself out since it requires and active frontal cortex," I said, before jumping up and coming down with a hard axe kick, directed at one of the possessed people that Dark Faery had.

Robin followed quickly with the same thing. "Ah, the boy wonder. And who might your friend be?" Dark Faery said, levitating herself above them all.

Her attire was odd. Her purple pants reached her knees, matched with a lighter purple skirt. Shoes appeared to be pink ballet slippers. An elbow length dark purple top that stopped above her stomach was her top half, and most importantly she had Faery wings.

Active Faery wings.

It seems her outfits improved since I last saw her. Grey eyes stared from behind the purple and pink butterfly mask she wore; at me.

I glared and allowed Robin to fight her as I attacked the others. Opening my palm wide and directing it to the sky, and felt the energy start in my heart, before the rush came into my arm.

Flipping my palm over, I flicked it and a green disk of energy flew wildly at one of the possessed, taking them down. I kept doing this successfully, before one of them jumped on my back.

I spun heavily so they came off and I saw it was an old, large woman. She hissed like a cat at me and came viciously with kicks and punches.

I dodged most of them but got kicked in the shin twice in the same spot and punched in the colour bone. 

Robin came up behind her with hard kick and she fell to the floor. Faery came up behind him. Robin and I looked at each other with the same idea. He grabbed my hands and I jumped.

Robin swung me around and I kicked Faery in the head. I landed back around his other side.

"By any chance, were you trained by Batman?" He grinned. I smiled back, "You know it!"

Faery was on the ground, trying to get up. "I-Is she...your replacement?" She said, sitting against the wall. "For you're lovely little Lola?"