Fifty Three: Analysis

It must have looked like an amazing light-show from any other point of view. With me combining both of my mana types, creating blue and green crackling energy and with Klarion throwing every mana of red at me.

He yelled vulgar insults at me. My only reply was an intense electrocution. 

Large red clawed hands slammed down and I dodged to the side, rolled up and continued sprinting. I sent daggers of Emerald mana with Midnight energy crackling around it.

It came down to me having a shield in my left hand, throwing bolts of purple mana with my right. I really need to brush up on my mystic skills.

Klarion was in the exact situation. As I feared, he ws much stronger than I. Except…

“Ekoms neecrs!” I whispered. Smoke filled the area and I created a dome around us as he shot blindly. When the smoke cleared, thanks to a spell from him, I stood there with Chain in my hands.

“A battle of power is pointless. Let’s see if you can punch as good as you whine?” I challenged. He glared at me.

“I’m not stupid you-“ Let’s cut that word out, shall we? I only smiled and swung my chain around before he jumped back and created a portal.

“Coward!” I screamed as he jumped in, but not before I sent a gigantic ball of Mignight mana to follow up. The portal disappeared.

The team had finished with their own opponents and were smiling at me when I approached. “Not going to lie,” I said, cracking my knuckles. “That felt good.”

“Disaster averted,” Robin grinned, putting an arm around my shoulders. “Feeling this aster.”

“Agreed. This, has been a good day,” Aqualad smiled, before we returned to the cave. Everyone went to their respective homes. M’gann and Zatanna went to bed, whereas I found myself on the couch beside Conner.

“How are you…holding up?” He asked me. Orion curled up on my lap.

“I’m…awesome. Feel like a weight’s been lifted, you know?”

“Yeah. I know the feeling,” he replied. I looked down at Orion.

“Now my only…’confrontation’ is about my dad. Whether I try to find him or not,” I said, standing up. “Well, goodnight.”

I began walking to my room when Conner called out to me. “If I had a chance to no my dad in the way you do; I’d look for him,” he said. I smiled and nodded.

~

I felt some sort of evil satisfaction…or relief…or perhaps vengeance.