Eighteen: My Own Birdie

I looked like a christmas tree. Of course I did. Light-up earrings, green and red christmas colours, bows, diamonties. 

I repeated this out loud and collapsed on the sofa beside Superboy with my head in my hands. M'gann tried to console me as Artemis slapped and scolded Wally.

Over all of the commotion, I managed to here one thing.

“Recognised; Robin. B01.”

My head snapped up. “Everyone be quiet!” I yelled. I looked up at M'gann. Her eyes glowed green for a moment, and then she looked back down at me.

“It's him,” she said calmly.

“Hana, you look nothing like a christmas tree,” Superboy said quietly beside me.

“And even if you did,” M'gann continued, “you’d be the prettiest christmas tree of all.”

“Really?” I said eagerly.

“Really,” she answered. With that, I stood up, brushed myself up, fixed my hair and opened the door to the mission room, where Robin was about to open the door.

He looked down at me through his sunglasses. Of course. Five at night and he’s wearing sun glasses. Dick also wore a black shirt with a blue pattern on the chest, a black denim jacket and skinny jeans.

“Hi,” I said quietly. He watched me carefully for a moment.

‘It doesn’t look like it, but inside he’s gushing about how adorable you look,’ M'gann said in my head. I smiled back at her.

“Hey,” he finally replied. I pressed the button and the mission room door closed. Dick grabbed my hand gently.

“You look really nice,” he smiled to me, and that broke the ice.

“Thanks! Wally said I looked like a christmas tree,” I laughed. Dick shook his head and said I didn’t look like a tree at all.

We Zeta’d to Gotham, where a black shiny car was parked, the driver still in there. Dick opened the door for me, mumbling something about ladies first. So I got into the car, and he climbed in behind me.

“Hana, this is mine and Bruce’s butler, Alfred. Alfred, this is Hanabrie Shiloh,” Dick introduced. I smiled and greeted the driver who did the same back.

As we drove through the city, I told Robin about the day I had with the others, in particularly, Wally and Conner’s boredom.

“Wait so…Superboy found them?”

“Yeah! I guess his super-sight comes in handy when off missions too!” I laughed. Alfred stopped at the entrance to the fair, which was on the pier.