Thirty One: Say That

Thanks for your message KatMeow16 ^_^ All of you make me so happy!

~

So I instantly hated her.

And was instantly angry at him.

It had been long week. The sanctuary was up and fully running now, it was beautiful. We had become part of a breeding program and adopted four monkey from two different species, a litter of baby rabbits or ‘kit’s’ and several birds.

Wipeout never left my side. His leash was mana from my ring, but I doubt he’d go anywhere with or without it. 

We went on a ‘tour’ to show the new girl, Zatanna around. I didn’t like her. That was purely because Robin liked her too much. 

“We’re not really taking a tour, are we?” She said, walking in-between Dick and I. I glared at her, seeing she had changed her clothes with magic.

Pfft, I can do that.

“No. We’re hunting down that robot,” Conner confirmed. What? Black Canary just said the league would handle it!

“Yes, we are,” Aqualad added. Well, I’m not. What if we have to face Red Torpedo again?

“Oh wow! Out-loud and everything,” Zatanna commented. Hate went up 10%.

“What about new girl?” Artemis questioned, before I realised she had noticed my uneasiness. We had not spoken since she found out who I was.

I swear, if she goes, I don’t. “I-I’m sure she wouldn’t tell,” Robin defended her. Oh no, nope. That is so not happening.

“I can’t tell…not if you kidnap me,” she smirked. I looked down at Wipeout who stared up at me. Artemis made a comment about her fitting in, when I scooped Wipeout up from the floor.

“Right. Well. While you guys go on a wild goose chase our mentors couldn’t even do, I’ll be here,” I said, walking away.

“Em!” Wally drawled. “C’mon!” He sped in front of me and because surprised when he saw my sad expression. My head tingled and M'gann's voice came in.

‘I’ve blocked Robin and Zatanna out. Hana-‘

‘Can you see the way he’s looking at her?’ I yelled, turning around.

‘I am sure he is just being friendly,’ Kaldur reasoned.

‘Too friendly,’ I said sadly.

‘Yeah, I agree with Hana,’ Superboy added and Artemis agreed with him.

‘I don’t know, I’ll probably follow you guys in the Denominator, alright? Can’t handle any-‘