Thirty: To Be Back

He missed her.

The way she laughed so freely, the way she manages to turn Batman into a teddy, her love for nature and animals, the way she smiled at him, the way she cared and most of all; she way she lit up any room she was in, like a star.

Whilst he thought about this, the team observed him curiously. Wally and Conner sat either side of Robin on the sofa, but as far as they could tell, he was asleep behind those glasses.

“Um, Robin?” M'gann questioned. The distracted boy came back to reality.

“Hmm?”

Miss Martian smiled at him. “She’ll be back soon.”

The door opened from the mission room. Green Lantern entered and looked at the team silently for  moment, before he smiled.

“She’ll be in later this afternoon,” he said. This got Robin’s full attention and he knew exactly what to do.

Immediately, he stood and walked into the mission room. “Where’re you going?” Wally asked, following alongside the rest of the team.

“If Em’ll be back soon don’t you want to wait here…lover boy?” KF grinned at him, stuffing his face.

“Yeah, I’ll be back in time. But I have to get something. I promised her,” Robin grinned. He began to walk towards the Zeta-tube to Gotham, before M'gann called out.

“Oh! We’ll go to!” She said, changing her body to her Megan form. 

Artemis smirked, “yeah. Because Wally and Conner just love shopping,” she joked. 

“Umm, what are you buying her exactly?” M'gann asked Robin. He grinned.

~

“And at last I see the liiiiiight!” I screamed the lyrics to one of my favourite songs. Behind me, Orion tried to get some of my new pets to dance with him.

The Denominator had a brilliant sound system. I connected my computer to it and played my favourite songs from my favourite movie; Tangled.

We slid through the Earth atmosphere with ease and set course for Happy Harbour. I was happy to be going home, and so be back in Earth clothes. That planet was beautiful, but no citrus meant no oranges and therefore, no orange juice. I really needed glass.

The song changed to ‘Move It’ and things got funky. I turned the ships invisibility on, whereas behind me, disco lights switched on and the animals (and one of the plants) began dancing.

“I like to move it move it!” I sang as we neared Rhode Island.

“Emerald Star to cave. We’re home!” I yelled into the com.