Seventeen: A Nervous Christmas Tree

Superboy, or ‘Conner’ as he is now, looks about ready to eat some kryptonite.

“I’m sorry Conner, but you have absolutely no idea how important this is,” I said seriously. He stared back and looked between M'gann and I.

I looked up at her. Her stern and concentrated expression mirrored mine.

“It might clash. It could be catastrophic,” she pointed out, which angered me.

“I know, but it’s a risk I’m willing to take,” I replied confidently, staring down at our problem.

“Who knew it could be so controversial in this world,” I recited. “Okay. I have made a choice,” I announced.

“I’ll get the skirt to wear instead of the shoes!”

Artemis sighed in annoyance, M'gann sighed in relief and Wally and Conner groaned.

Originally it was just meant to be M'gann, Artemis and I shopping for my outfit for my ‘may-be-but-isn’t-a-date’ date with Dick.

Wally and Conner were at the cave and bored, so they decided to roam the Happy Harbour shops with us.

Both boys were complaining the whole way here. So far I had bought a cute green top that had green diamonties that covered the side and shoulders of the material.

Now we were in a shoes and clothes store. Artemis found these cute red boots and M'gann found a pretty red skirt. Wearing both would clash.

“But I’ll still get the shoes!” I decided, and grabbed both, sprinting to the checkout. I paid and the assistant handed me the bag, which I held out to Wally who took it with an annoyed sound.

“You know, Robin didn’t complain once. In fact I didn’t ask he just grabbed them for me,” I said. Superboy held my bag with my top in it. I plan to distribute things equally between the boys.

“Okay, that’s the skirt and the top done. Now I just need the shoes, accessories, jewellery and then e’ll get manis and pedis, okay?” I smiled.

I then bought Conner and Wally milkshakes.

Though Wally complained, we made the two wait outside as we went into Bra’s ’n’ things. I went straight to the socks to find a cute knee high pair that matched my so-far outfit.

“Don’t you already have lots of knee-highs? Isn’t that your style?” Artemis asked from beside me. I picked up a cute black pair with blue hearts.

“I do, but none that match this,” I said.

“I have an idea! You have something green and something red, you should get something yellow to match Robin’s uniform!” Wally’s voice said from behind me.