Forty Seven: Broken Hearted

So I just saw The Equalizer. It was pretty awesome :3

~

“Please?” I pouted, sitting on my knees beside Conner on the sofa. His eyes flickered to me for a moment.

“Pretty please?” I tried, shaking his arm gently. “Pretty please with a Miss Martian on top?” 

Shouldn’t have said that. His head whipped around to face me angrily. I shrunk back and crept to the other end of the couch.

It’s the tenth of December; I wanted to go shopping to buy a Christmas Tree and presents. Only, I didn’t want to go alone. M’gann is somewhere with Zatanna. 

So that leaves Superboy.

“Can’t you go by yourself?”

“What if I get attacked?” He looked at me like I was stupid.

“I’m sure you’ll manage,” he finally said, getting up to leave. 

I sighed and stared at my hands, gripping my skirt. Really, I didn’t want to go alone because Klarion is likely to come out of nowhere and kidnap me.

“How badly do you want to go?” Conner suddenly said. I thought he had left. Looking up at him and a smile appeared on my face. I had him at ‘please’.

It was cold out, so I put on a knee length coat with white stockings underneath my skirt and a scarf.

We walked out into the Happy Harbour shops. I bought everyone a present; as in the entire team, Lana, Daphne, Misty, Hal, Carrol and John. “You know,” I began as we walked through a row of Christmas trees. “We really look alike. Like brother and sister.”

“Yeah, I guess so,” Superboy replied, looking at me. We both have black hair and blue eyes. Except, I was short; Conner wasn’t.

The trees were on display. There were different types; small, short, purple, red, black, white, even rainbow. At first I was adamant about the rainbow one.

Conner gave me a doubtful look and reminded me green was my favourite colour. So we choose a gigantic green one. 

We ended up walking back to the mountain on the beach, since we’ll use the beach entrance.

“Do you know what you’re going to do about Robin?” He asked my quietly.

“No. Well…sort of. We really need to talk. I guess it goes from there,” I replied. “W-Was he…was he angry when he found out all of you knew?”

Conner frowned at the ground. “No. He understood. I mean, at first he was a little upset. He found out at training. After that…no.”

It was quiet for a while, which was fine. Until Conner asked the question I hoped would never come.