One: Enter Hanabrie!

*I begun this at 13yo, finished at 14yo. I'm 18 now and have not edited. If you're going to comment negatively because it was written by a fresh, dewy-eyed Kaido who was not entirely with grammar or editing skills, you are trash and I will mute you <3

Hearts of Teal that beat as one,
I will protect, for the time has come
See me shine from near and far
For this is the light of the Emerald Star!

Dark blue eyes are filled with innocent happiness as Hanabrie Shiloh stares at the ring on her finger, charging under the power of her words. The Emerald band, embedded with little star-shaped lights, is wrapped around her middle finger in the fashion of a Lantern Knight.

"Today is the day," she whispers to herself, bringing a closed fist to her chest in an attempt to suppress her wildly beating heart.

She had been good these past few months. A loving, sweet, fully-dedicated Teal Heart- Assistants to the Green Lanterns. Perhaps one day she will get the big job, but for now being the Emerald Star is good enough for her.

Joining a team had not been on the radar, but when Batman offered (offered being the kind word) Hal and John could not refuse. As much as they wanted to keep Hana shielded from a majority of the hero life, for certain reasons, a team of kids her age may be exactly what she needs.

"Ready to go?"

Hana rotates in flight, turning away from the wall of her temporary room on Oa to face Hal Jordan, better known as a Green Lantern of Earth.

Nervously, the teen fits her hands behind her back and nods with a wide grin. 

"Promise after, we can go and see Tangled?"

Hal chuckles, "I promise, kiddo."

The halls of Oa are silent as Hana and her mentor sail through them, passing by others whom have come to report to the Guardians of the Universe. Hana's hands quake in their gloves as she desperately holds her tongue, preventing herself from asking the ethereal aliens if they have ever seen an Earth bobblehead before, as well as their resemblance to them.

John often tells her she is exactly like Hal.

They board the Intercepter, Hal's ship, to head to Earth. Hana's own ship of a much smaller size known as the Denominator is attached to its belly.

"What are they like?" She asks curiously as the ship distances itself from Oa.

"Who? The other sidekicks?" 

"Yeah."

Hal looks at the ship ceiling as if contemplating his answer.

"Well, Robin is very intuitive and, uh, boyish. A lot different than Batman, but it's a good different, kinda like you and John. Kid Flash is much more playful and loud. Kind of a joker, prankster, whatever you want to call it."

"Like you?" Hana grins at him.

"Hey! At least I can be serious when required. It'd take a couple tries for that kid."

Hana rolls her eyes, laughing, "What about the others."

"Aqualad is like a purebred soldier. A wall of wisdom. Kid's smarter than I am, that's for sure." Hana makes the conscious decision to not comment. "As for Speedy... Well-"

"He's the opposite. Issues with discipline and a complete brat," Hana states, punctuating the last words.

"I remember you two failing to get along."