Twenty Two: Distract

The green sheild did not hold for long. It disperses and the explosion rivets out.

'Hana move!' I hear M'gann scream in my head. I don't react. All I see is fire rushing straight towards me. I am so shocked by what has just happened that I don't shield myself.

Yet, a Midnight shield goes up and around me anyway. I don't know how.

'Hana? Hana! Please! Please answer!' M'gann's voice echoed through my head. I didn't reply. Instead, I stared at the rubble where Des was.

'He's gone,' was all I could think.

'C'mon, we need to go,' Guy said and put me back in the bike. I reached out for the controls and my hands were shaking like crazy.

Wally reached out and grabbed my hand, settling it. "Let's go home," he said softy. That's what we did. I walked into the mission room and ran straight passed everyone to my room.

I dove under the covers and curled into a ball, tears running down my face. Something came into my room. In cat form, Orion jumped onto the bed.

Sweet Des. Sweet, gentle, knowledge-filled Des. 

What would I do on Oa now?

The was a soft knock at my door. "Hana? I have something for you," Cyra's voice said through the door. I got up and pressed the button.

The door slid open, and Cyra stood there, looking at me sadly with those honey brown eyes of hers. It wasn't pity, but I ended up looking over her head anyway.

"When it finds a new owner, that owner will need guidance," Cyra reached over and placed Laurel Destiny's ring in my hand. I stared at it as it rolled in my palm.

"I'm sorry I never asked. Have you tracked down Desaad yet?"

No one in heaven or on earth hated Desaad more than Cyra Stone. She had many reasons to want revenge on him. Her answer was the shaking of her head, ‘no’.

“Well if you ever need help when you find him…” I trailed off quietly, she thanked me. Her frown turned to a smile.

“You have a visitor.” Then she hugged me and left probably to inform the guardians of what has happened.

“Hey, you okay?” Robin asked. He walked in a closed the door, sitting on my desk chair. I fell backwards on my bed.

“I will be. At least, I hope so,” I replied. It then went really quiet. I sat up and smiled at Robin. 

“Batman’s taking Daphne on,” I grinned.

“Seriously?” 

“Yeah. I think it’ll be good for her. Something to channel that anger into, you know?” I smiled.