Nineteen: Date Crime-Fighting

It was a sweet silence between Dick and I as we walked through the fair. We each had cotton candy and were still holding hands.

“You wanna go on the ferris wheel?” He asked. I looked up at the giant, red circular ride. Then I looked at him.

“Too slow,” we said together, before we kept walking, laughing our heads off. I gasped and grabbed Robin’s jacket, spotting one in particular venue.

“Oh my Disney! We have to see this,” I laughed, taking his hand again and running over to the hero cosplay contest.

There were several version of the Dynamic Duo that clearly made Dick uncomfortable. Then I spotted what I had been looking for.

There was a trio of truly dedicated cosplayers. It looked like they had dedicated all of their time to making their Green Lantern and Emerald Star uniforms.

One really er…chubby man was wearing super tight spandex that mirrored Hal’s costume. His dark-skinned friend on the other hand was quite boney, and the spandex was loose on him.

The girl with them was tall and dressed as me. She had done well, except the green shades were a bit off. 

“Please take a photo of me with them,” I said seriously to Dick. He took my phone and I asked the Lantern posers if I could get a picture with them; it was a yes.

I posed with the three of them and Dick took the photo.

“Are you a fan of Emerald Star?” The girl asked me.

“You could say that,” I smiled, showing them the picture.

“Oh my gosh! Your ring looks so legit!” She gushed, taking my wrist. “Where’d you get it?”

“Online,” I lied quickly. After we got photos with some dynamic duos, a lovely Poison Ivy and Joker couple and an army of tiny Wonder Women, we made our way to the eating area.

“Hana! Dick!” A familiar voice called out.

I turned around to see Daphne walking towards us, her friend Lily in tow. 

“Hey! What are you guys-“

My voice was cut off by a loud screech of metal from the roller coaster. We watched in horror as the cars began falling off the side.

Correction; it was being pushed off the side, by Shockwave and Incognito, two villains who are known for targeting civilian-filled areas.

Daphne gave me a feared look, and I smiled to try and calm her down. Dick looked in one direction, spotting somewhere he could change so I looked the other way.

Silently, we made a plan. I ran for the gap between two carnival games and ducked behind one. Between the game and a tree, I commanded my uniform to revealed itself.