36

Stay

Jiyong's POV

I was so relieved to see Dara alive that without thinking about it, I ran up to her and hugged her real tight. I miss everything about her. I don't now how long I stood there hugging her but I was so thrilled to have her back that I didn't even notice her lack of response until I felt her hands on my chest. I pulled back hesitantly and looked at her face in confusion.

Her bright, warm eyes are unusually cold and before I can even say a word, she suddenly clasped her hands with mine and pulled me away from our friends to the pier. "Dara? What's wrong?" I asked as we were walking.

She didn't bother answering and continued walking until we're at the very end of the pier. Then she abruptly turned to face me.

"Take your friends and return to Seoul, Jiyong." She said coldly.

"B-but why? What about you and the girls? Aren't you coming back?" I asked. Slightly squirming from her intense glare.

"I'll send the girls home also."

"And what about you?"

"I'm staying."

"You're staying? For how long? I'm staying here with you." I stated.

She looked at me straight in the eye and crossed her arms in front of her. "Look, Jiyong, we're over. Everything about us is over now. You'll do me a favor by forgetting about me."

"W-what? But why?" I stuttered. "Is this about what happened in Jeju? Listen, babe, I came here to apologize. I'm really, really sorry for what I did. I promise I won't do it again. I won't ever do it again. I'm so sorry, Dara." I cupped her face to prevent her from looking away.

"It's not that, Jiyong. I just don't think this is working. I'm sorry." Dara replied. Her voice calm and controlled.

"Do you want me to change? I'll do it. I promise I won't hurt you again. Just... Just don't leave me." I pleaded, panicking now. I put my hands on her shoulder, willing her to believe me.

She sighed and placed her hands on top of mine. "I... I'm sorry. We're better off this way." She removed my hands from her shoulders and made a move to walk away but I quickly grabbed her arm and pulled her in a tight hug.

"Jiyong, what are you doing? I said we're over." I heard her muffled voice and felt her hands attempting to push me away. I tightened my hold even more, effectively locking her arms to her sides. "Dara, I... can't. I can't let you go. You can't leave me. Please... Please don't." I begged.

It's becoming difficult for me to breathe and my hands are visibly shaking now. I tucked her head under my chin and interlock my hands behind her. I just can't think straight when she talks about leaving me. I can't let her do that! If I have to drop down on my knees and beg then I'll do it.

"Don't leave. I don't know what I'll do without you. I'm sorry. I'm sorry it took me so long to come and ask for forgiveness. I'm sorry I left you in the island. I'm sorry for leaving with a girl that night at the club but I swear nothing happened. I kicked her out the next block. I'm sorry for everything. I'll make everything okay. I promise. I'll make you happy. I won't ever do those things again so please don't leave me. Don't leave me. I can't live without you. I'll do anything you want me to. I won't go to clubs anymore. Just stay with me. I love you. I love you so much." I said almost choking on my emotions.

I pulled back to look at her and saw her eyes swimming with tears. "Dara, please don't leave me. We'll make it work. I'll make it work for us."

I felt her place her hands on my nape and pulled my head down for a kiss. I eagerly kissed her back and pressed her close to me. God! How I miss kissing her. She felt so right in my arms. I realized at this very moment that I'll never love another woman. She's the love of my life and I sure as hell won't let her get away a second time. I'll never let go of her.

After a couple of minutes, Dara broke our kiss and I stared at her with a smile but it quickly faded when I saw her studying my face intently. If I didn't know any better, I'd say she's committing my face to memory.

"Dara?" I asked hesitantly.

She sent me a small smile that didn't reach her eyes. "I hope you'll find your happiness, Jiyong. I really do. Sadly, you won't find it with me. Goodbye."

I felt her apply pressure to my nape and then nothing.