Chapter 6: Oh Brother

The concert was amazing. The boys were great and their music wasn't actually half bad. I could actually become a directioner one day, maybe. We were all back at the hotel laughing and drinking. I was sitting down when Harry walked inside and asked if we could go for a walk.

I nodded my head. We walked around in the back garden of the hotel. "Tonight was great," Harry said.

"Yeah you boys were great up there. Who would've thought you could actually sing," I joked back. He laughed.

"Oh come on I was on fire up there tonight."

"Eh you were ok. But Niall, he was great." I stopped walking and turned around to look at him.

"Oh come on what's your obsession with Niall Horan? Are you a Niall girl?" He asked. He was cold. He brought his hand up to his mouth and started to warm them.

I took hold of his hands and rubbed them with mine, blowing warm air on them. "No, I was just joking. I'm really deep down inside a Louis girl," I said. He rolled his eyes.

"Oh come on." He threw his head back.

"Oh you know your secretly a Louis girl too."

"Of course who wouldn't be?"

"Exactly." I looked at him. I was lost. His green eyes shone brighter then the moon. It was as though the stars were born in his eyes, made to sparkle green.

He smiled and it made everything better. A small flame ignited inside of me, warming up my insides. His hands were still in mine. They weren't cold anymore but burning at my touch. He rested his forehead on mine.

His lips were so close to mine, I could feel his breath. I closed my eyes. "We're just friends remember." Why the fuck would I say that? I wanted to him kiss me so badly.

His smiled quickly vanished. His hand left mine and cupped my cheek. "I know," he whispered. His lips got so close to mine I could feel them. It was the slightest touch but they were there. He rubbed his nose around on my cheek. "And friends don't kiss right?" He whispered in my ear. He kissed my cheek and pulled away.

My pulse was racing and I had nothing to say. I wanted him right where he was before. I wanted him to kiss me. Instead he was behind me, and I was paralyzed. I was stuck in the exact position unable to move.

I felt vibrating from my pocket, ending my paralysis. I dug inside and took out my phone. I brought it to my ear pressing the answer button. "Hello?" I answered.

"Hi may I speak to a Ms. Charlie Walker?" The lady spoke over the phone.

"This is her," I said back.

"Sorry to interrupt you at this late hour but it's concerning your brother."

"Is everything ok?" I asked concerned.

"Yes it's just that we have him here in custody and we're not going to be able to let him out without your consent."

"Custody? He's been arrested. For what?"

"Ma'am I can't release that information over the phone please come down to the police station and we will explain everything."

"Yes, yes thank you." I hung up the phone and turned to look at Harry. He was concerned.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"It's um my brother, he's at the police station. He's been arrested. I have to go."

"I'll go with you." I started walking back to the hotel and Harry followed.

"No I don't think that's such a good idea Harry," I said not slowing down. I went to the elevator and waited for Harry to catch up. We both got in and it was a silent ride up to the floor. I quickly ran down to the room and picked up my purse and keys. I didn't even say goodbye to the guys.

I got back to the elevator and Harry was waiting for me. I rolled my eyes. "Sure Harry why not come with me to get my younger brother out of custody," I said sarcastically not even looking at him.

~

"Adam Junior Walker why the hell am I getting called at," I take a quick glance at my watch, "2:36 in the morning to pick you up from the police station!" I yelled at the top of my lungs.

We were back at my house. My younger brother sitting on the couch in front of me. It had taken me almost an hour to get him out of the police station and we had just got home. Harry was sitting in my chair examining everything that was going on.

My brother looked at me and rolled his eyes. "Why the hell do you even care?" He yelled back.

"Because your my younger brother! You had four more months AJ. Four more months and then you're free. You can do anything you want. You'll graduate high school and get the fuck out of there. Why in the hell do you refuse to just cooperate?"

"Because who would I cooperate with? With you or with dad? I haven't seen him in 2 years Char. Who the fuck is left? The principal at the stupid boarding school you sent me to? Just face it you don't give a shit, dad doesn't give a shit, and I for sure don't give a fuck anymore so what the hell is the point?"

"I care Aj. I care more then you think. I...." I couldn't make a coherent sentence. I was so pissed off everything sort of just began to boil. "Just go to the room we'll talk about everything in the morning. I really just can't stand to look at you right now," I said lowly. My eyes were plastered to the floor.

"Fine." He got up and walked out of the living room.

"Mom would've been real disappointed," I whisper. I hear his footsteps stop.

"With me or you?" He spat back and continued to walk. I heard the door slam and completely lost it.

"Fuck!" I yelled at the top of my lungs. My blood began to boil over and my hands were suddenly filled with the glass vase I keep on my coffee table. I through it at my wall trying to get all my frustrations out in that one throw. It shattered against the wall.

"Charlie!" Harry voice suddenly became present. I turned around to look at him tears filled my eyes. He was standing up looking alarmed. "I'm not supposed to be doing this Harry. I'm not supposed to be a fucking mom. It's not my fucking job! It's all so hard. Damn it!" I began to rant. He walked over to me and held me in his arms.

I began to cry into his chest. Aj has been like this since my mom died. We all sort of went off the rails in our own kind of way. We retreated into ourselves. I spent days locked in my room with nothing but the laptop light on. My dad took it the worse. He locked into himself leaving both of us behind.

Aj I guess felt the most alone. We had been stuck with our own problems he sort of just got left behind. He was closest to my mom and he just sort of lost a part of himself when she died.

"I'm ok." I said pulling away from Harry. I wiped the tears away from my face. I sat down on my couch. "I told you, you shouldn't have came." He let out a small laugh.

"I'm sorry," I said. "I'm going to go take a shower." I got up and walked to my bathroom. I washed up remembering the day. I finally got out and got dressed. I walked into my room and Harry was lying on my bed. "Well you look comfortable," I said laying down next to him.

"That's only because I am," he laughed. I rested my head on his chest and he wrapped his arm around my shoulder.

"I had a great night Harry. It was great seeing you boys up there." I said tired. I began to drift off to sleep.

A/n

Well sorry it took so long to update but here it goes (yay)