Chapter 4: Bestfriends

"Hey best friend," Harry rang over the phone.

"You do know I've only been friends with you for three days. That's way to short to make us best friends," I answered back. "And besides I like Niall more then you."

"That's a lie and we both know it. So anyway are you at home?"

"Yes why?" I was just getting home. My printer ran out of ink so I had to go by more before I printed out my manuscript.

"Good I'm here," he said. I turned around looked at the door behind me. I walked over to it and opened it. Harry, Niall and Louis were standing in my doorway.

"Niall," I smiled and hugged Niall first. He picked me up and spun me around. He started laughing.

"Oh Charlie." He put me down. I hugged Louis then Harry last.

"I'm still your favorite," Harry whispered in my ear.

"You and I both know that's a lie," I whispered back and he laughed. "So boys what brings you to my humble home?" I asked flopping down on my couch. Niall and Harry sat next to me.

"We were bored and looking for some fun," Harry answered.

"So you really don't work? Like ever? I mean your supposed to be these international famous pop stars. What happened to concerts and producing albums?"

"Two weeks off. So we're stuck in L.A with nothing to do," Louis answered sitting down on my chair. It was big and red, like one of those chairs you usually see in old movies where a really rich guy has a study and the chair is way to big for him. I usually sat in that chair to read. It was warm and comfortable.

"Well what are the other two doing?" I asked referring to Liam and Zayn.

"They went to Disneyland. Such children," Harry rolled his eyes.

"Well boys I was actually planning on working today because you know my job comes with a deadline and demands."

"You write books what kind of demand is that?" I shot Harry a look.

"No working today," Niall demanded.

"Well I'm sorry boys but I have a hot date tonight," I said.

"Who?" Harry suddenly seemed interested in the conversation.

"Um no one right now, but there could be one if I wanted one. Ok so um.. let's get high," I said. I ruffled my hair and walked back to my room and grabbed a box I kept on my night stand.

I opened it to find an already rolled blunt. "See now you're talking about having fun," Niall smiled. I rolled my eyes.

Harry's been over my house everyday for the last three days. We've been getting high for the last three days. We never do hard drugs only weed. I tend to think better that way.

I took the lighter out of the box also and lit the blunt. I took two puffs then past it over to Harry. The blunt circled around the room until it was finished and we were all high.

"Ok now what to do?" Niall asked. I got up and walked to one of my cabinets. I took out to bottles of vodka and walked back to the living room.

I opened the bottle and took a long sip. Then I past it to Harry. "Lets go ice skating," I said out of no where. "Yea that sounds fun. You guys stop drinking. Um I'm going to go change."

I talked quickly then walked back to my room. I changed into some black tights and a gray and blue sweater that went down to my mid thigh. I put on some gray leg warmers and then my ugh boots. I tied my hair back into a loose ponytail then went back into the room.

"Lets go boys!" I said cheerfully.

"Yay!" They cheered. I put the bottles back in my cupboard and grabbed my bag and keys off of the kitchen counter. We walked out of the house and to the car.

"Where is the ice skating rink anyway?" Niall asked from the backseat.

"Um about fifteen minutes away," I answered. A song started playing but I couldn't quite here it yet. Harry, who was sitting in the front seat turned up the radio and the lyrics poured into my ears.

"When she was just a girl, she expected the world, but then it flew out her reach, so she ran away in her sleep, dreamed of para para paradise," I sang along to the song.

Harry joined in and soon the whole care was singing along with Coldplay. The radio was perfect from then on. My favorite song came on and I turned it up full blast.

"I need another story, something to get off my chest, my life gets kind of boring, need something that I can confess," I started singing along. Harry looked over to me and smiled.

I looked over to him and rolled my eyes. "What?" I asked.

"I don't know." He smirked. I rolled my eyes again and focused on the road. We got to the rink finally and poured out of the car. We all walked inside and bought our skates. I was lacing up when Niall came to sit next to me.

"Sweet heart," he said sitting down.

"Nialler what's up?" I smiled back.

"I don't know. I just wanted to be around you," he smiled back. I rolled my eyes.

"Well then let's go skating together," I said. I stood up and offered him my hand. We both walked over the rink and started skating it was freezing on the ice. We skated around about four times when Harry skated up to us.

"Hey guys," he said now skating with us.

"Oh Mr. Styles where have you been?" I asked.

"Freezing my ass off on this ice," he said. He started blowing on his hands.

I laughed. "Lets go get some hot chocolate," I said and pulled Harry's hand to the opening of the circle.

We sat down next to the snack bar and he went up to order two hot chocolates. He came back still rubbing his hands together. He sat down. I picked up his hands over the table and took them into mine. His were freezing. I blew my warm breath on them and rubbed them between mine.

"Here, this should help," I said. I looked at him and a small smile was on his face. A small amount of heat rose to my cheeks. They called Harry's name and I let go of his hands. "Go ahead and get my drink rock star," I teased.

He came back with our drinks and we sat and talked. "So your telling me that your hands are never cold?" Harry asked while we were drinking. We had been deep in a conversation about body temperature.

"Pretty much. They're just warm. No matter what," I shrugged and took the last sip. He smiled a crooked smile. I looked into his eyes and they were sparkling.

The green in them was bright and beautiful. They reminded me of a ring my mother used to have. She wore it all the time. It was a diamond cut emerald. It always sparkled on the most cloudy day it would shine. That's what Harry's eyes were doing. They were shining showing the most perfect green in the world. I found myself getting lost in them. They told me a story and I wanted to read every word.

"You know I think staring is rude in this country," I heard Harry say and I was snapped out of his story.

"Who said I was staring?" I teased.

"Oh we both know you were." He smiled. I rolled my eyes. Then we both went back out on the rink. I skated around a couple of times with Louis then it was time to head home.