Summer

It's been a week since the break up, and I am starting to feel much, MUCH better. Esmae, Kale, and I are holding a singles night tonight on this fine Saturday night. We are going to the movies. Tomika couldn't be there 'cause she says that she's not feeling well or something.

We arrive at the movies. It was sort of quiet, you know what I mean. We decide that we are going to watch the new movie about an alien who comes to earth to stop a nuclear plague that might destroy the earth but starts to experience new things and falls in love.

Kale and Esmae went to buy our snacks, and then I saw something. Tomika and Freddy are coming out of the movie the new street war movie. They are laughing together and sharing a bag of Skittles!!

I walk up to them.
"Hey guys..." I say, and they both freeze.
"Summer!" Tomika says, shocked.

"I thought you were sick?" I said.
"I was feeling better..." she said, and I crossed my arms over my chest.

"What is going on here?" I ask.

"Fine, Freddy asked me to come to this movie with him because his buddy wasn't gonna be able to come and I was dying to see it and I knew you guys wouldn't want to watch with me to so I said yes and just hoped we could get past without you guys seeing us...and I knew you were gonna come watch this alien things and I really didn't feel like watching it," she says.

"Why didn't you just tell me?" I say.

"I thought you would be mad... I'm sorry," she says.

"It's all good," I say with a smile.

"Where are you off to now?" I ask.

"We were planning on getting some pizza actually, but if you want to, I can join you guys and sleep through....I mean watch the alien thing," she says, and I shake my head no.

"It's okay, Tomika, you can go eat your pizza, but you owe me," I say, and we hug, then they both walk off.

I shake my head and walk to Kale and Esmae.

"I have a confession to make..." Esmae say,  looking pretty nervous.

"What is it?" Kale asks.

"Lawrence and I are back together," she says, and we all start to squeal.

"Now Summer, you can come clean about you and Asher," Esmae says.

"It's a working prosess girls. There's nothing yet," I say, paying the lady for our snacks, and we walk to the place where they have the salts for the popcorn.

"Now we should get Tomika a boyfriend," I say.

"You guys can do that, but I have a reason to live, so count me out," Kale says, and we all laugh.

"Let's go, girls!" I say, and we go into the movie theatre.