Tomika

Later that night I got dressed for my surprise that was waiting for me at the skate park. When I got there I was totally surprised. There was a little picnic set up for us, and I saw pizza and a big box with a bow on it.

"You like?" Freddy asks.

"I love it," I say. I usually don't like romantic things, but it's okay if Freddy does it. Then he told me to sit down on one of the pillows, and I did. Then he serenaded me with his guitar that he pulled out of nowhere.

After he sang, I hugged him tight.

"Happy birthday," he says.

"Do you have cake?" I ask.

"In the basket," he says, laughing, and we start to eat.

The night was awesome, and as he was about to kiss me, my phone started to ring.
"Hello?" I ask, looking at Freddy with an apologetic look.

"Tomika, where are you it's almost 9!" My mom says, worried.

"Mom, I'm on a date!" I say embarrassed. I glare at Freddy, who started to laugh.

"Look, I gotta go bye," I end the call. I pick up the whipped cream and squirt some on his face.

"Let's go skate," Freddy says, wiping the cream of his face and eating it.

"You didn't tell me to bring my board," I say, getting mad.

"Open your present," he says, getting up and picking up his board that he hid.

I went to the neatly wrapped box and ripped it apart.

"Oh my GOD!!!" I jumped up, nearly knocking him over when I jumped on him.

"Thank you!!" I say, going back to the box, taking out the gorgeous skateboard with my name on it. It was a very expensive brand, and he got someone to put my name on the top and the bottom.

"Let's go!" he says, taking my hand. We start skating in the dark...best night ever.

The next day, when I got to school, I felt nervous.

"Sorry I'm late," I say, going to sit by my desk. I looked in Summers direction, and she gave me a sympathetic look because I told her about what happened when I got home.

"Okay, what is going on with you guys?" Freddy asks.

"Yeah, Tomika, you're never late," Mr. Finn says.

"Principal Mullens told my mom about the band, and she told me that I can't be a part of it anymore... She is going to send me to my aunt in California next week. I'll be leaving Sunday along with Eden," I say.

"What!No!" Freddy says, getting up from his seat.

Zack suddenly comes into class.
"Zack, why are you so late? we have a problem though, Tomika-"

"My dad is moving me to a new school...this is my last day," he says.

Summer came and hugged me, and then the door flew open.

"Summer Hathaway! How dare you go behind my our backs!" Summers mother says.

"Mom, please," Summer tried to calm her mother down.

"Let's go," her mom says.

"Mom..." she tried to beg again.

"Come," Summer reluctantly got up.

"I'm sorry," she said to the class and left.

"Freddy," I say, and he hugs me tight.
Things are falling apart. Gosh, help me.