Chaper 14- Words Hurt

Jason's P.O.V-

Jason: "Who was your last friend that you had? Ya'know before us?"

Winter: "Her name was May Stewart but she goes to a different school out of the country now so I don't get to see her. She left a few years ago but before that she was getting a little distant. She even called me Muggle whatever that means." (For you Harry Potter fans)

Jason: "Do you trust us?" Winter just looks at me and then she looks down.

Winter: "Well...uh... I don't know yet." I nod and continue.

Jason: "What's your favorite kind of flowers?"

Winter: "Dahlias. We used to have them all around the house."

Jason: "Used too?"

Winter: "Okay what's the next question."

Jason: "Do you have a father?"

Winter: "Well of course everyone has to have a father."

Jason: "No I mean-" but I get cut off by Maria. "Next Question Jason." I look over at her and she looks pissed. Then she mouths 'dial it down' and I nod but since when have I followed the rules? Plus there just questions.

Jason: "What happened to your brother?" Then Maria starts yelling at me and Winter runs out of the room.

Maria: "What the f*ck was that you a**hole!" I look at her in shock. Did Maria just call me a Ahole? This is the first time I've heard her swear.

Maria: "I'm going to go calm her down and you better not be in my room when I come back Jason Diaz!" Then she stomps out and I run after her.

Jason:'"Wait! I want to apologize to her."

Maria: "No! You've done enough, she was getting uncomfortable with the questions! Jason her answer for the father question had nothing to do with her, she doesn't want to tell us those things. And at the dinner table you saw how nervous she was when your mom asked her about siblings, and plus her brother is dead."

Jason: "I know I just wanted to know-"

Maria: "Go away."

I walk back to my room and sit down on my bed with my head in my face. I'm a true idiot. I guess I should sing the idiot song then.

🎵I'm an idiot,
I don't know what to do with myself,
And I'm always wrong,
But that's okay, hey! Not really but oh well.
I'm an idiot and I don't know what to do... with myself!🎵

That doesn't make me feel any better but oh well, I'll apologize in the morning.

*************************************

Today is Monday but I think I'll skip it. Maria wouldn't talk to me and I can't even find Winter.

Jason: "Maria please, I don't know where she is can you just tell me?" I plead. Maria is about to drive off to school and Winter isn't with her, well she might be because I can't see the back of the car.

Maria: "She's already there."

Jason: "What?! You let her go?! She could get bullied!

Maria: "Wait. You haven't told your friends not to touch her? If you didn't tell them I'm going to rip out there **** and feed it to the goats!!"

Jason: "There are no goats in our city in California Maria."

Maria: "I will find one!" Then she speeds up leaving me in the dust.
I quickly pull out my phone and text my friends not to bully Winter and I'll tell them why later.